Schooldays.ie - Ireland's Online Resource for Parents & Teachers

Parenting & Education

× Home Parents Associations About Us

July Provision Tutor Needed Ballinteer Dublin

re : July Provision Tutor Needed Ballinteer Dublin           reply
25/04/2014 19:29 - Primary Tutors & July Provision
-----------------------------------
Hi Laragh,
I´m just wondering have you found a suitable tutor? If not, please contact me on niav.k1@gmail.com. I am an experienced July provision tutor based in Dublin 4.

re : July Provision Tutor Needed Ballinteer Dublin           reply
22/04/2014 21:10 - Primary Tutors & July Provision
Hello,
My name is Aine and I am a fully qualified and probated primary school teacher with 4 years experience.
I am currently teaching in school in North county Dublin but I have a full drivers license and have a car also so I am able and willing to travel.
I have experience working as a tutor with two boys from two different families as part of the July provision programme. These July provisions took place over the summers 2009-2012. I can give you these parents contact details also if you need a reference.
I also worked as a resource teacher last year in my local school through which time I worked with a little boy from Junior Infants who had Autism and also with pupils with Down Syndrome. During which time, I targeted much of my lessons on their reading, writing, oral language and social skills along with teaching everyday mathematical skills ie: using money, telling the time.
I also had used social stories to teach social skills such as ´saying Hello, please and thank you´ or teaching him simple conversational dialogue etc. These social skills also helped prepare these pupils for dealing with specific social scenarios ie: making decisions, expressing feelings etc.
I have also worked in a summer camp for pupils with differing special needs including ´Down Syndrome and Autism´. Here, pupils engaged in games to learn how to interact with other pupils and helped them develop good social, interpersonal skills.
I have completed a 20hr course on the teaching of social and interpersonal skills to pupils with differing special needs through Drama.
References and certificates related to all my teaching experience outlined above can be provided.
If you would like to contact me to discuss this further or If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me any time and I will get back to you as soon as possible.
You can email me at: nscanlon678@gmail.com
Looking forward to hearing from you,
Kind regards,
Aine :)

July Provision Tutor Needed Ballinteer Dublin           reply
22/04/2014 15:59 - Primary Tutors & July Provision (Locality: Dublin South)
Hi there,

We are looking for a July provision tutor for our 5 year old son. We live in Ballinteer in South Dublin. He will have just finished Junior Infants in mainstream school. He is verbal and is doing well in school but would benefit from some help with writing, reading and social stories. We have an IEP that we can share.

If you are interested please let me know and I can give you more details.

Kind Regards,

Laragh.

discussion forum terms & conditions

;