Parenting & Education in Ireland

Schooldays.ie - Ireland's Online Resource for Parents & Teachers

Parenting & Education

× Home Parents Associations About Us

Left in babys home with no baby PLZ HELP FAST!,

re : Left in babys home with no baby PLZ HELP FAST!,           reply
12/10/2011 10:52 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
-----------------------------------
thats no lady ur working for.take ur wages and leave and leave her stuck for a childminder.she should be paying u at least 350 euro for all that.shes got some nerve saying u dont do enough to earn more.these sort of people can get quite aggresive so if u do tell her ur leaving her house of slavery make sure that you have someone with you sitting in a car

13/10/2011 15:20 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
First of all, you don´t let your emotions overflow. Start looking for smth else and give your curent employer a two weeks notice. I am sure you will find smth else pretty soon. Do not walk out, you do not need bad references (even though your lady is a total freak, you might need to use her in future for references). Do not be afraid to have a conversation with her saying smth like you have recently been offered a different job with strictly childminding duties and a better pay. See how she reacts. Remind her of the initial agreement and revise the definition of "light housework". I have been there, done that...Nobody can make you do things against your will, just keep that in mind. Btw cleaners get 12-15 euro an hour, not 10 euro an hour, so you can also use it in the conversation. Good luck!

12/10/2011 11:13 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
Why dont you advertise yourself on this and get a new job fast !

23/09/2011 11:19 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
Hi, I think she is taking complete advantage of you. When you originally took the job what were the terms? I would tell her you are being paid to mind the baby and not iron her clothes and clean her jacks!! Cleaners get about €10 and is paying you less then €6 if you are doing 42 hrs a week. You defo need to sit down with her and sort things out or you will end up just leaving and both will be at a loss then.

Left in babys home with no baby PLZ HELP FAST!,           reply
16/09/2011 11:38 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
Ok so I feel like bursting into tears I mind a baby for a girl 11 months now all was going fab until about 2 months ago she taking advantage so so much I done normal house work clean as I go where I do be but now it´s down and scrub toilets and make beds and ironing and it´s not normal ironing it´s about 3hours a day:( she usually works everyday but this week she has a few days off and this is getting to be a common thing and she never tells me till I turn up in the morning so this week I´m a total maid washing floors bathrooms hoovering IRONING ( 3days solid) while she shops or goes to bed I can´t hack it any more I´m doing 42hours a week and only getting 250euro less then min wage I asked for more but she said I don´t do enough to pay me more :( I leave here crying somedays with stress Long story short she went shopping this mooring arrived back 20mins ago took the baby and said she was heading to her friends house. For the day and left me sitting here with no baby and I´m a childminder!! I feel like walking out and leaving a note saying I´m a childminder not a MAID and I quit but I need money this weekend as I´m heading away WHAT DO I DO.??? I know she would have no one else to fill in for me!!

29/09/2011 16:48 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
Jeez girl.Get your wages and enjoy ur weekend.And dont go back.There are loads of people looking for childminders out there especially ones to do a bit of LIGHT housework.What a wagon!!Someone needs to tell ur one to come down off her high horse and be told that slavery is sooo last century!!I understand u need the money so maybe be clever for the next few wks and put a few bob xtra away and be looking for something else in the meantime.Your better than this,so the best of luck

re... : Left in babys home with no baby PLZ HELP FAST!,           reply
30/09/2011 11:56 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
Stand up for yourself woman!! This ´Lady´ and I use that term very loosely,needs to learn to treat people with the dignity and respect they deserve.I´m a childminder myself ,I also do cleaning etc,etc.However the lady I work for treats me really well.My wages are pretty crap too and hours veeery long but I´m made to feel appreciated (not in a monetary way mind) .A little thanks goes a long way,I really love the little girl I mind and I treat her as my own.They in turn make me feel part of their family ,it works both ways.If I were you I would find myself alternative employment,you deserve respect,childminding is a very rewarding occupation but you can be really taken advantage of by some not very pleasant parents,you´ve just been unlucky on this occasion,try again.Wishing you the very best of luck,keep the faith,when you find decent ,kind employers it´s a lovely rewarding occupation .

discussion forum terms & conditions

;