Schooldays.ie - Ireland's Online Resource for Parents & Teachers

Parenting & Education in Ireland

Schooldays.ie - Ireland's Online Resource for Parents & Teachers

Parenting & Education

× Home Parents Associations About Us

Let's change the taboo surrounding bullying - help needed

Let´s change the taboo surrounding bullying - help needed           reply
25/02/2011 00:46 - Bullying (Locality: Dublin North)
-----------------------------------
Hi folks,
I decided to post on this forum about a radio documentary I am doing on bullying.
I read a lot of your stories tonight - many of which were heartbreaking. I am asking you all for your help.

I have to be careful what I write but I believe the recent case in the midlands where a young girl took her life after alleged bullying just illustrates the serious effects it has. It can cause children to do the unthinkable. It ruins childhoods and makes so many children fear for their safety each day in Ireland.

And yet - it´s still a taboo subject. It still is dealt with badly with by many schools. Politicians don´t take it seriously probably because children don´t have votes.

For the next 9 weeks I am putting all ounces of my energy into getting something done about bullying in Ireland. I care so much about doing so and have already gained the support of many parents, teachers and academics both in Ireland and abroad. But I do need all of your help also.

I need to tell your stories and the stories that affected your children. I need as many stories as possible so as to illustrate what a deadly problem we face. I ask you all to contact me on niallk.oconnor@gmail.com where we can talk further.

I have no commercial ties as this is my university thesis. But I do have the desire and drive to make this a huge issue, I´m asking you all to help me please.

Kind Regards,

Niall

re : Let´s change the taboo surrounding bullying - help needed           reply
25/02/2011 23:26 - Bullying
-----------------------------------
Hi folks,
Thanks to those who have contacted me by phone or email so far. If are like me, and are passionate about highlighting bullying as one of the most serious issues in our country, please contact me. I truly believe we can effect some change.

Niall

discussion forum terms & conditions

;