Parenting & Education in Ireland

Schooldays.ie - Ireland's Online Resource for Parents & Teachers

Parenting & Education

× Home Parents Associations About Us

Moving to Dublin from Canada

re : Moving to Dublin from Canada           reply
02/02/2009 10:19 - Choosing a School / Application Procedures
-----------------------------------
Regrettably you will probably need to phone them to request an application form. It can be quite difficult to secure places in south county dublin as there are waiting lists so you would want to make contact asap. The following link brings you to a page of schools in the area.
http://www.schooldays.ie/secondary-schools-in-ireland/Dublin-south-county-dublin

Blackrock College & St Andrews are private fee paying schools. St Andrews has a lot of international students. Colaiste Eoin on the main Stillorgan dual carriageway is an Irish speaking school.

Oatlands College and St Benildus are definitely worth contacting.

Good luck with sourcing places.

01/04/2009 16:44 - Choosing a School / Application Procedures
Hello, just wondering how you and your boys are settling into school and life in Ireland?. I moved back from Canada with my husband and 4 boys ages 5,9,13 and 15 last June after 6 years in Canada. Now we are looking to move to Carlow where my husband is working. the older boys are finding the schooling system hard to adjust to.

Moving to Dublin from Canada           reply
27/01/2009 23:15 - Choosing a School / Application Procedures
Have two boys 13 and 16 and will spend one year in Dublin near UCD and having tough time reaching schools through email. Any suggestions?

31/01/2009 22:19 - Choosing a School / Application Procedures
I don´t know what it is about schools in Ireland that so many of them still ignore email, but they do. Your best bet is probably to bite the bullet on the phone charges and give them a call.

What schools are you thinking of? That´s a good area, some excellent schools there to choose from.

discussion forum terms & conditions

;