Parenting & Education in Ireland

Schooldays.ie - Ireland's Online Resource for Parents & Teachers

Parenting & Education

× Home Parents Associations About Us

NEW MINISTER REQUIRED FOR EDUCATION

re... : NEW MINISTER REQUIRED FOR EDUCATION           reply
24/03/2010 19:27 - Announcements
-----------------------------------
Isn´t Mary Coughlan the same Minister who suggested that any parents who had some free time could be put into schools to act as substitute teachers?? Really, this woman is a disastrous selection for Education and this is just a very basic example of the incompetence and total lack of understanding she has. The appointment to The Department of Education (& Skills) is an insult. Batt, at least, during troubled Economic times, knew what he was talking about, most of the time, even if some of the decisions were extremely unpopular. Mary Coughlan has gone from one gaffe to another. Can you just imagine her performance at the teachers´ conferences in 10 days time?

re... : NEW MINISTER REQUIRED FOR EDUCATION           reply
24/03/2010 09:28 - Announcements
We can always ask Michael O´Leary for tips. All joking aside, the New Minister for Education will have to be given the benefit of the doubt, we will know very soon how the land lies and whether or not it was a strategic move on Brian´s part to have Batt and Mary C swap. She could hardly be worse than Batt could she. I propose that we get the Special school in Buncrana to lobby Mary, as she is from the North West. Hoping that she will retain her loyalty to her home county and then move down South with favourable reform to Special Schools. Jean Smith

NEW MINISTER REQUIRED FOR EDUCATION           reply
23/03/2010 13:18 - Announcements
An Taoiseach,

BRING SPECIAL NEEDS CHILDREN IN OUT OF THE COLD - GET RID OF THE NCSE

Please oh please, I beg you, on behalf of all the Special Needs Children of Ireland and the Parents and all the Special Needs Assistants (SNA´a) and the Teachers - Please put someone compassionate into Ministry of Education/Science in the Cabinet Reshuffle Today - A Forward thinking Minister who will Fully implement the Epsen Report and protect SN children once and for all.

This is an opportunity for Education to once again look forward into the 21st Century and not back into the Past when SN children were put into institutions and forgotten about. It´s still not too late to make this change now before the next election when all parents with SN children will remember FOREVER the downturn in their SN children´s right to an Enjoyable and Appropriate Inclusive Education.

The Culling of SNA staff is fundamentally flawed from start to finish and a five year old child could see the mistakes that are being made in every sector of Education in the last year. Keep people in Jobs and respect the real lives of all the electorate who put you into Office.

Yours Sincerely,

Jean Smith
37 Idrone Park,
Knocklyon,
Dublin 16.

(01) 4933790 / 086 8842748 email: jeansmith@ireland.com

re : NEW MINISTER REQUIRED FOR EDUCATION           reply
23/03/2010 23:49 - Announcements
Well, the Taoiseach has given us a new Minister For Education BUT look who it is!!
With all due respects, I am NOT inspired with much confidence and it doesn´t say very much for this Taoiseach´s value on The Department of Education & Science. Is this a joke? I really don´t mean to say anything nasty but Education is a critically important Ministry. It says very little for this Taoiseach if this is the value he has placed on the Department. I am appalled.

discussion forum terms & conditions

;