Parenting & Education in Ireland

Schooldays.ie - Ireland's Online Resource for Parents & Teachers

Parenting & Education

× Home Parents Associations About Us

New Affordable Childcare Service near Kilcock

New Affordable Childcare Service near Kilcock           reply
10/01/2018 11:09 - Kildare Childminders
-----------------------------------
I am a childcare manager Fetac Level 6 and qualified teacher living near Kilcock who has been searching for over 2 years for a suitable premises in the Kildare-Meath area to start up a new affordable childcare and Parental Support service. So far I haven’t found a suitable place, despite having pursued 13 different premises. So I’m now considering starting up from my own home and taking on the right kind of 1-2 Fetac Level 5 childcare practitioners to work with me. We are lucky to have a large child-friendly house on an enclosed piece of land where I live with my own two children (age 6 and 7 months).

Although I am qualified to offer the free ECCE sessionals, from my experience in childcare over the past 12 years I understand that most parents who work require full time childcare hours. To begin with, I will have one large room from which the service will be based with either 2 or 3 childcare practitioners working (including myself) from September 2018. This means I would need to choose an age category (either 3 months to 3 years) to divide within the room, or Pre-school age 3 to 5 years to include ECCE tuition within a full-time service hours offered between 7:30am and 6:30pm. Part-time positions will also be available. I have only been 7 years living in the area and looking to gauge the type of demand in this catchment area (Kilcock, Summerhill, Trim), I.e. whether mostly for under 3s or Preschool services presently. My plan in the long run is either to convert a second room in my home for another age category or, by then, I may be successful in finding a suitable premises nearby to continue the same services under the same company name in the Kildare-Meath area to cater for the under-supply.

The house is also just a 20 minute drive from Maynooth, where I am currently based in a part-time private childcare capacity for one family. It is 7 mins from Kilcock and 2 mins from Summerhill.

I would highly appreciate feedback from local parents on the current childcare demands.

The objective of this child-centred service is to provide childcare of the highest quality, that is flexible to people’s needs, at an affordable price for parents to include add-ones like daily home-coked meals and snacks.

I look forward to hearing from you.

discussion forum terms & conditions

;