Schooldays.ie - Ireland's Online Resource for Parents & Teachers

Parenting & Education

× Home Parents Associations About Us

Nut free primary school!!

re : Nut free primary school!!           reply
24/03/2009 20:13 - Choosing a School / Application Procedures
-----------------------------------
Hi
I work in a school in Dublin there are 2 children in our school with nut allergies, one child is very bad. We have had a no nut ban the last few years and it works out fine. A few times they little people, have managed to sneak in peanuts! but the staff are very quick and efficient (down to washing the school bag out for traces) As the child also goes into shock when it is airbourne. Have a chat with the school bring as much information along and I am sure they will be very supportive. We did a information event all about the different allergies (another child has egg allergy) and how we can help and work as a team in the school and in class. Children love to help and love information. All the best M

Nut free primary school!!           reply
25/11/2008 11:51 - Choosing a School / Application Procedures
-----------------------------------
My ds is due to start primary in sept ´09. he has a severe nut allergy and at the moment is in a ´nut free´ preschool which is wonderful.
I am just wondering if anyone has had to approach a school about employing a nut free policy? I don´t think there is a school in my area that all ready has a policy in place..i´m in Laois so if anyone knows of one i´d be thrilled..thx

discussion forum terms & conditions

;