Parenting & Education in Ireland

Schooldays.ie - Ireland's Online Resource for Parents & Teachers

Parenting & Education

× Home Parents Associations About Us

Opinions needed please

re : Opinions needed please           reply
23/03/2014 17:24 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
-----------------------------------
Hi if you have been paid for other bank holidays than yes you should have been paid for Patricks day,you need to say it to them as if you don´t it will happen over the Easter as well and most people take good fri off so that will be another day as well as Easter mon,if you dont say something things will build up and other little niggly things will stand out

Opinions needed please           reply
22/03/2014 16:16 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
Hi there.I am minding a little boy over a year now.I have a great relationship with the family .Basically I was not paid for bank holiday Monday.I have been paid for every other bank holiday so i am left a little confused.I did not want to mention it to them as i feel it would cause friction for both sides.Just feel a little let down as i am very good to them regarding their child. Any would been here before?Thanks

re... : Opinions needed please           reply
23/03/2014 09:28 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
I have never got paid for a bank hols....perhaps they did forget or perhaps this is the way forward with them. If you get paid weekly wouldnt it always be the five days they paid you.
I have previously always commented to bring things up immediately but after a terrible experience with a parent recently, I would consider if the days pay is worth causing friction and could it lead to ultimately the loss of your job.

23/03/2014 16:29 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
What agreement regarding bank holidays did ye have at the outset?

re... : Opinions needed please           reply
23/03/2014 10:35 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
I was minding a little boy for 4 years and trust me we all loved the little goose. But it was constant battle all the time when it came to money. I´d receive a text the night b4 to say he won´t be coming as dad off etc. when it came to pay day, no money. My point is, it´s a conscious decision not to pay. They would have to consciously add up what´s owed and in doing so would have to acknowledge that Monday was a bh and no pay required. It´s up to you if you push for it but are they respectful to their child to willingly pull him from your care to elsewhere over a days wage. Whatever your decision stick to it, as the next bh only a few weeks away and the cycle will continue.

22/03/2014 17:44 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
as they have paid you for previous bank holidays.i would say they just forgot.your better of bringing up the subject.

discussion forum terms & conditions

;