Parenting & Education in Ireland

Schooldays.ie - Ireland's Online Resource for Parents & Teachers

Parenting & Education

× Home Parents Associations About Us

Payment

Payment           reply
01/02/2017 17:32 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
-----------------------------------
Hi I am at a bit of a crossroads. Throwing out this question. I am currently minding 2 girls ages 5 and 16 months in their own home. I cook, clean, wash and dry kids and parents clothes, empty bins clean windows do school run and after school activities 2 days a week that consists of a drive of 10-15 there and same back...All this for €8 per hour..am I being ripped off?

re... : Payment           reply
03/02/2017 14:33 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
Wow! As above, yes! Hugely underpaid!!
LEGALLY they have to pay AT LEAST minimum wage, more for one child and more again for the fact you´re doing so much around the home!! usually €12+ for 2 kids plus running errands (more to cover car expenses tax, fuel, maintenance)
I agree minimum of €15 per hour!!! You´re a nanny AND doing the job of a cleaner too . . . in theory if they hired 2 people would be €22 per hour!

re : Payment           reply
01/02/2017 18:25 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
Shockingly so! Minimum wage applies in family home at least as theyv to register as your employer. Your a nanny, rate extra depends on how many kids and cleaners average €15 an hr. Re your car nannies either get a car or fuel card and expenses and they pay your extra insurance costs to carry their kids. Google recent court cases (au pairs) but these cases have put the fear of God into families. Working cash you haven´t a leg to stand on if fired, welfare entitlements etc. Hoping you at least get holiday pay and bank hols etc. Your saving this family a fortune.

09/05/2018 11:21 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
Hi I put up dis post a while back, I am still in dis situation and don´t no how to go about getting out of it... I am now told to do cobwebs and wash walls along wit everything else... I have been offered other jobs and dunno how to give in my notice cos last time I did they practically bullied me into stayin.... HELP

10/05/2018 18:41 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
Paula, tomorrow eve after youv got paid in full and leave their house and then just send a text saying you won´t be back. Leave it at that. There isn´t a thing this family can do as your cash. Next job make sure you get them to register as your employer and get a contact etc.
This family are well aware of their responsibilities and are abusing you never mind breaking the law. If they contact you, just mention your in contact with revenue for information, they´ll soon stop. You do have the option to report them to revenue who are extremely interested and active in this area and look for your monies owed, maybe even compensation. Google recent au pair rulings who were deemed employees as they were abused re hours worked.

11/05/2018 09:00 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
Thanks all for ur feedback it has been hugely helpful.... I have been offered a new job and am due to finish up here on 1st of June, dunno how to give notice..... More help please

discussion forum terms & conditions

;