Schooldays.ie - Ireland's Online Resource for Parents & Teachers

Parenting & Education in Ireland

Schooldays.ie - Ireland's Online Resource for Parents & Teachers

Parenting & Education

× Home Parents Associations About Us

Qualified & experienced Childcare practioneer available in Dublin.

Qualified & experienced Childcare practioneer available in Dublin.           reply
21/04/2014 12:48 - Dublin West Childminders
-----------------------------------
My name is Lucia but for many years all the children in my care call me Lulu so the name has stuck. I am a mother of two children 5 and 8 years. I have worked previously in a pre-school and playschool in Palmerstown and I am currently working in a Creche & Montessori in Dublin city center. I am a non smoker, I will be finishing my Diploma in childcare studies within 3 months but I have my certs in Child Development and early childhood education. I am garda vetted. I also have fetec level 5 in security which involves fire & safety, first aid & manual handling. I have also studied high-scope and attend regular lectures from Banardos. I hope to, after I finish my diploma in childcare studies to start Montessori teaching level 6. I am opening my home up for daycare & afterschool for parents working locally or in Dublin city center from the end of May due to my notice given to my employer but this will give me time to meet parents at my home to look around or to interview me. It will open from 7.30 to 6.00 mon-fri. All meals are included in the price but nappies, wipes and baby formula are not included. My house will be fully equipt with toys, games. During the day I will have a cirrculum based on Aistear and Siolta for the children. There will be free-play, singing-time, story-time, table top activities, dress-up. The children will do lots of exciting things like painting, make their own playdough and gloop, learn their ABC´s, 123´s, colours, days of the week. Fridays will be our fun day when we will have pizza for dinner, face painting, watch a movie and have ice-cream. My back garden has two levels. The first part is equipt with a sand and water pit, a small fun center with plastic balls, bowling pit, and other outdoor activities, including childrens outdoor table and chairs with umbrella. There is a fish pond centered in the middle of the garden which is fully inclosed with a bridge going over it leading into the second part of the garden that has swings, slide, see-saw, football goal, various outdoor games. The children can feed the fish and turtles during the day. We have a shed that holds all the outdoor activities and a green house that the children can learn to sew their own vegtables during the summer. Their will be healthy nutrious meals prepared daily, breakfast, snack, lunch, dinner, tea. Drinks are giving regularly. Nap times are given to children who require it. Nappy changing facilities are available. The bathroom is situated on the lower level so the children have no steps to climb. My home is not big or lavish but its home and anyone who comes into my home is looked after, welcomed and treated like my own. I have always loved working with children and watching them grow and learn from their enviroment and I hope that what I have thought them impacts them in a positive way. If you have any questions or require more information you can contact me anytime.

discussion forum terms & conditions

;

File Attachment Icon
images.jpg