Parenting & Education in Ireland

Schooldays.ie - Ireland's Online Resource for Parents & Teachers

Parenting & Education

× Home Parents Associations About Us

Query on realistic rates.

re : Query on realistic rates.           reply
02/04/2014 22:45 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
-----------------------------------
Thanks for the replies guys. Regarding Holidays we´re not saying the minder should take holidays in conjunction with ours only that if we have notice of minders holidays we will take ours at the same therefore no need for us to source alternative child minding arrangements.
Regarding rate the proposed €12 per hour from a member would be €120 per day based on the hours I mentioned or €480 for a four day week. €480 cash a week would require that second earner earns a minimum €850 week or €45,000 a year just to break even!! I´m not complaining but is this correct!! That´s madness!!!

re... : Query on realistic rates.           reply
03/04/2014 10:12 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
Thanks for the response Alison, looks like it would be a non runner at those levels. Shame as I´d love to have them in theie own home and have use of the garden etc during the summer rather than being stuck in the creche.

04/04/2014 22:58 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
you need to find a childminder who will charge the 5euro for 1 then 8 euro when theres 2 and 10 euro when theres 3. i worked it out and 78euro a day sounds right but of course you could negotiate around that.
good luck with your quest

02/04/2014 20:03 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
I can only comment on the holidays, as a minder in my own home I think it is unreasonable to expect whoever u hire to take all holidays in line with yours.

03/04/2014 11:42 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
in a minders home it would probably be 10 euro an hour.but theres no harm in trying to negotiate a price that would suit both sides.

03/04/2014 17:25 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
Swords / Kinsealy Area

04/04/2014 08:28 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
you should negotiate a good fee with a prospective childminder.something that could suit both sides.to be honest i wouldent like to pay 480 a week myself and have nothing left.

Query on realistic rates.           reply
01/04/2014 17:30 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
Hi All

Looking for a little advice regarding what to expect to pay. We have three children (10, 5 and 2) and would be looking to have them minded in our home. Ideally this would be from 7.30am until 5.30pm for 4 days a week. Eldest will be in school from 9.00 - 2.30 and will be allowed make his own way to and from. Middle Child is attending play school from 9 - 12.30 but in September will be moving to school they will require drop and collection (5 min walk). Youngest we would like minded in our home if possible. What would be a realistic rate to offer for this on a monthly basis. Ideally we would like to pay the same amount each month regardless of bank holidays, kids sickness etc we would also like to agree holidays so both us and minders were taken together . Does this seem feasable and what would be a realistic rate to pay.
Thanks in Advance.

02/04/2014 22:11 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
its about 12 euro an hour.but i doubt a childminder will take a holiday at the same time as yourself.no harm in asking though.

03/04/2014 17:07 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
where are you based

05/04/2014 20:59 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
what would a creche cost.think you will find a child minder is a lower rate.

03/04/2014 10:04 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
If its in your home then you are legally obliged to set up as their employer and pay at least minimum wage plus prsi, tax, give wage slip etc. I would say €12 per hour is probably about right for 3 children.

05/04/2014 22:49 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
Hi just wondering were are you based
I have over 5 years expereience workingbwith children
my email address is aoifesmyth03@gmail.com if you would like to contact me
I dont charge 12euro an hour
thanks
aoife

discussion forum terms & conditions

;