Parenting & Education in Ireland

Schooldays.ie - Ireland's Online Resource for Parents & Teachers

Parenting & Education

× Home Parents Associations About Us

Quick call is all it takes!!

Quick call is all it takes!!          
28/02/2014 18:48 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
-----------------------------------
A parent was to interview myself for looking after her little boy one evening and never turned up. After 20 mins I texted her thinking maybe she was just held up or got the time wrong ...., gave her benefit of the doubt thinking no one would surely cancel meeting without letting me know , how wrong was I ??? I rang her and left pm on school days site and got no replies basically to give her a piece of my mind as I was livid !! It´s such bad manners and lack of courtesy !! I spent the day cleaning and preparing and my husband and son went to the bother of going out that night so we weren´t interrupted ! A person is well within their rights to change their minds but at least have the decency to make that phone call . Maybe it was a blessing in disguise I didn´t have the chance to get that job !!!!!

re : Quick call is all it takes!!          
01/03/2014 16:19 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
its not fair on the person.if anyone needs to cancel.all it takes is a txt.

re... : Quick call is all it takes!!          
12/03/2014 23:31 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
momma2 She should have got back to her....full stop! Your response is disgraceful, asking her was her house not clean enough. As a childminder to 3 children when I was being interviewed I also cleaned my whole house as obviously it will be scrutinized, and any others I know did the same!!!! To say that you would not like someone like her minding your kids says a lot about the kind of person you are as your comment is the only one of its kind. You comparing this to what happened to you is irrelevant and bares no resemblance! Please stop it now, Thank you.

12/03/2014 20:48 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
I am not for a minute condoning the parents not letting them know she wouldn´t be coming. I´ve been to I interviews where it was clear that candidate had already been selected, I put it behind me and moved on. However that doesn´t make the op behaviors in leaving message to give her a piece of her mind any more reasonable. I wouldn´t want my children minded by someone who reacts Like that. Nor would I want them minded by someone who had to spend a day cleaning in prep for an interview, was the house not acceptable in the state they usually kept it in.

01/03/2014 21:17 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
a text saying changed my mind /your rates are too high/found someone else.
thats all you need .

12/03/2014 19:50 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
Momma2 I can´t believe your reply to this topic!!!! What this lady is asking for is common courtesy, something even my 11 year old would have the cop on to do. A simple text would suffice but I think a phone call is proper etiquette. In my opinion Deidon had a lucky escape as imagine communicating with this type of person. It sounds like she pulled out all stops and wanted to create a nice environment in which they could have a chat, even asking her husband and son to leave. She sounds like a very reasonable lady with high standards regarding the cleanliness of her home and indeed her ´normal´ standards in good manners. If i went for an interview and the person that was supposed to interview me didn´t show up or leave word, well I would think they are highly unprofessional and extremely rude. By any chance are you related to her?

12/03/2014 21:44 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
Please don´t make assumptions on my character or my housekeeping standards when you don´t even know me ! If I had got in touch with that lady I would of told her in a civil and calm way she should have let me know she wasn´t coming , that´s what I call give a piece of my mind ! You are being very judgemental and bitter , get your facts right first before you judge people . I won´t be replying to you again , I am a happy , kind person and someone like you Just drains me !! 😫

12/03/2014 19:15 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
I won´t even bother explaining myself here , you are obviously a very rude person who thinks nothing of making an appointment and breaking it without letting the person know !! Shame on you with that opinion , I was brought up to have manners ! You are on your own here , more people out there are courteous like myself !

02/03/2014 18:56 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
Shocking if meeting arranged...thankfully never have had that happen...every cloud has a silver lining and all that, you probably had a lucky escape...

12/03/2014 20:39 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
Thank you so much sueba for your reply and your lovely comments ! Most people are really nice and reliable out there thankfully , I am sure it doesn´t happen often ! Kind regards to you!!

05/03/2014 14:58 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
Thank you so much to all for taking the time to reply !! Yeah a simple explanation is all it takes! I replied to a post last night enquiring about location suitability ... The parent got back to me almost straight away . . That was decent of her to confirm it wasn´t near enough so I knew not to pursue any further ... Fair play to her , they are far and few between , I really appreciated it!!

01/03/2014 17:33 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
Exactly !! We all have busy lives but even a brief text would have been better than nothing!! Thanks for that ...

12/03/2014 09:08 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
Really Deidon, you rang/left pm to give her a piece of your mind? Put it in perspective, this happens in all walks of life, people go for interviews/send out hundreds of cvs with no reponse, its not the end of the world. Are you bothered that you went to trouble of tidying house in prep for interview? I think your comments indicate that the Mam had a lucky escape

discussion forum terms & conditions

;