Parenting & Education in Ireland

Schooldays.ie - Ireland's Online Resource for Parents & Teachers

Parenting & Education

× Home Parents Associations About Us

Rate increase

Rate increase           reply
24/11/2013 21:23 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
-----------------------------------
2 kids one in playschool 5 days a week bring and collect start 6.30 till 5.30 charging €70 per day as was agreed 3 days would be 6.30 start 3 days a week and two days 7.30 start never told it would be a 5.30 pick up that used to be 4.30 and the 3 days from 6.30am is starting to turning into 4 or 5 days a week so in total doing around a 53 hr week and im exhausted .thinking of increasing the rate for the early starts ?

re : Rate increase           reply
25/11/2013 11:46 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
CHILDMINDERS /NANNYS your doing a job of work so please treat it as that
over time is extra ,your parents get paid for overtime so why think you do not.
rates should be per hour or part of,but you must play fair ,if the child is picked up
before agreed time and parent is late another time you let it go.
its works both ways .contracts can help keep it fair on both sides.
speak to parent explain hour are longer and you need to be paid.
good luck

re... : Rate increase           reply
25/11/2013 09:05 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
yeah .i would do that.that is very early

24/11/2013 22:13 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
if the hrs are getting longer.then yes you should charge extra.

re... : Rate increase           reply
25/11/2013 17:10 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
I dont know any parent that would work hours for free. I charge by the hour, have the rate set in stone when you take a phonecall etc and then perhaps if you wish round the figure down to a even number. charge for fuel. I dont do food/nappies etc.
If the hours are extra per week, I would write down the extra hours per day and charge according, giving the total extra clearly to the parent on a friday evening. Personally I do a bit extra time one day a fortnight due to parents work commitments at moment which i dont charge for but this is always pre-arranged, arriving late (or too early) would really annoy me as what if Id something planned. (however i get a days extra pay two weeks ago to cover the overtime which was nice) I know of a childminder who will not open the door till the dot of the time she supposed to start, ignoring doorbells etc as she said if she arrived before a shop opened she cant batter the door down to get it open.
Id imagine it would be incredibly hard to find a childminder willing to do those hours so Id act professionally and have a prepared conversation with the parent and see what she/he says. A good reliable childminder is worth their weight in gold and if you let yourself be a doormat unfort some people will eventually walk right through it after carefully treading on the edge first to see how it goes.

24/11/2013 22:19 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
Thanks for that,im thinking of charging an extra 20 for the early starts?

discussion forum terms & conditions

;