Schooldays.ie - Ireland's Online Resource for Parents & Teachers

Parenting & Education in Ireland

Schooldays.ie - Ireland's Online Resource for Parents & Teachers

Parenting & Education

× Home Parents Associations About Us

Registered Childminder in Skerries

Registered Childminder in Skerries           reply
07/10/2019 14:30 - dublin north childminders (Locality: Dublin North)
-----------------------------------
Hi, :)

My first time posting! I am looking for some help in looking for a registered childminder in the Skerries area for afterschool care? My son is in St. Patricks JNS and needs to be picked up at 1:30pm and I would need to drop him at 08:00am/08:30am Monday - Thursday.

The reason I need someone registered is that I am on low income and I am a single mother. He is being looked after by a lovely woman now but I can´t afford what she charges and paying for 2 weeks holidays when she goes away, his own holidays (understandable) and bank holidays etc. I just can´t do it on my own, paying 800 per month to her for after school and I make minimum wage myself and it´s becoming just too much for me. I also give him food everyday so can still provide this! I know there is a shortage of childcare in Skerries at the moment so I know my chances are slim!

Any help would be greatly appreciated or if anyone knows anyone registered that would be amazing! I really don´t want to give up work but it´s starting to look like I might not have a choice :(

discussion forum terms & conditions

;