Seeking Help with School Research Project
| Seeking Help with School Research Project           |
02/10/2020 12:05 - Introduce Yourself
I am a current doctoral student in the School of Psychology at NUI Galway. I am doing a research project looking at age-related differences in children’s language abilities used to understand time concepts between the ages of 3 and 7 years.
I am looking for families that may be interested in participating in this study. Participation involves:
- A few 1:1 testing sessions with your child at a location and times convenient to your family.
- During the sessions, the researcher will present a series of questions or activities to your child. They´ll only be asked to answer to the best of their ability and no preparation is required.
- All engagement will also be carried out in line with government relayed COVID guidelines.
By participating, you and your child will:
- Provide a valuable contribution to science by helping further our understanding of how children’s sense of time develops.
- Directly contribute critical information to help us develop more effective training to improve these abilities in children.
- Get to participate in testing activities that stimulate important cognitive activity.
You will also receive information about your child´s:
- Performance on a test of basic concepts that are relevant to cognitive and language development, as well as early childhood academic achievement.
- Performance on a standardized test of cognitive abilities.
- Performance on our test of skills relevant to understanding time sequences (how events can be related as before/after other events).
If you are interested in participating or would like to know more, you can message me at my contact info below or simply reply to the post. If you are unable to help but might know others that might be interested, any help is still appreciated!
Thank you kindly,