Schooldays.ie - Ireland's Online Resource for Parents & Teachers

Parenting & Education in Ireland

Schooldays.ie - Ireland's Online Resource for Parents & Teachers

Parenting & Education

× Home Parents Associations About Us
Want to see more information for St Andrews College Booterstown Ave Blackrock Co Dublin, Dun Laoghaire - Rathdown ? Click on the link.

St Andrews - will I get a place

re... : St Andrews - will I get a place           reply
12/12/2007 10:55 - School Specific
-----------------------------------
We didn´t put our names down for the primary school as there are a lot of excellent non fee-paying primary schools in the area which we availed of. I know one child going to Andrew´s primary school and her parents are very happy with it. Some kids get offered places in third or fourth class and transfer across to the school at that stage in order to secure a place for second level.

re : St Andrews - will I get a place           reply
20/11/2007 20:10 - School Specific
My son was also on the waiting list for September 2009 - we have no connections to the school and I was asked to confirm his place on the list in April of this year - I said no as we were going to Wesley - but first round places were offered in June I think - have you called them?

20/11/2007 22:46 - School Specific
Hi Aileen
I got the same letter in April and replied to confirm place on list. I know offers have gone out and are still going out depending on acceptance but our name hasn´t reached top of list yet? Hard to get a clear picture from school of the likely odds of an offer which is why I´m curious did anyone else who put their name down around the same time as I did get an offer yet. Thanks - will give them another call I think

28/01/2008 16:24 - School Specific
Hope you´re sitting down ...... last year (o6/07) it was €7185. Don´t know what it is this year but no doubt it went up!

re : St Andrews - will I get a place           reply
11/12/2007 21:11 - School Specific
Hi Pear,
Can I ask why you didn´t have your daughter attend St. Andrew´s primary? My son was offered a place in junior infants there about a month ago and while we have accepted the place I would really like to get some more info on the primary school. I don´t know anyone who has children attending. In fact I have no connection to the school at all so I have heard no stories - good or bad - about the primary school. Just wondered if you had some info?

28/01/2008 16:51 - School Specific
thanks for your quick answer! I have him down to start at ji in willow and if he gets in i will be reallythrilled. just was curious as to what is the "going rate" for fees . would really like him to be at the same school all the way through instead of moving him from one to another. i remember always thinking that the girls who came to my school in first year were always the "new girls".....cheers

12/12/2007 11:26 - School Specific
Thanks for that Pear. Good to get some feedback. As I say I have no connection with the school and haven´t been in to meet Head or see around school yet. Best info always comes from parents anyway.
Listen, I hope you hear soon about the secondary soon.
Thanks again.

28/01/2008 16:14 - School Specific
sorry to barge into the thread, but does anyone know how much the fees are for junior school in st andrews? heard it is €6,500 a year. am keen to go the fee paying route just havent a clue what fees are now ( was a lot less than €6,500 in my day!) thanks a mill

St Andrews - will I get a place           reply
08/11/2007 09:18 - School Specific
I put my daughters name down for Andrews College when she was in Snr Infants. She is now in fifth class and is due to go to secondary school in Sept 2009. I know Andrews has begun to make offers for 2009 but we are still on the waiting list and are not sure if we will get an offer. Has anyone else out there who doesnt have connections/other siblings in the school been offered a place yet and when did you put your child´s name down.

29/01/2008 09:23 - School Specific
Orla,
Have you got a child attending Andrew´s? Would love to hear what you think of it if you do. Son due to start Jun Infants in Aug. Turned down CBC Monkstown for it so would like to know I did the right thing IYKWIM ;)

30/01/2008 11:01 - School Specific
That would be really great of you Orla. Thank you very much.
Yes it was the secondary school that clinched it for us between the CBC and Andrews.

29/01/2008 17:55 - School Specific
No - have my kids name down for secondary but not sure if will get places. Know quite a few going to the secondary school and they are very happy with it. Also know two with kids who started in the primary school and from what I´ve heard so far there´s no problems. If I bump into them in the next week or two I´ll ask them a few more questions about it for you.

28/01/2008 16:30 - School Specific
omg, that is a lot for a little kiddie.......i was sitting down but i nearly fainted nonetheless! dont suppose u know how much willow park is? makes the creches seem like bargains.......

28/01/2008 16:45 - School Specific
Think willow park is about €5,500. You can also put your son´s name to join willow park in 3rd class rather than jnr infants as Willow create an extra class of 3rd class students from outside the school every year.

discussion forum terms & conditions

;