Parenting & Education in Ireland

Schooldays.ie - Ireland's Online Resource for Parents & Teachers

Parenting & Education

× Home Parents Associations About Us

Stay at home rate?

re... : Stay at home rate?           reply
25/11/2011 12:14 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
-----------------------------------
Thanks guys, first time mother so all new to me!!

re : Stay at home rate?           reply
25/11/2011 10:27 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
Hi,
I agree with Daisybee if you want one to one for your little baby you should maybe consider a nanny. The plus side of having a stay at home mum minding your child is that that your child will always have the company of an other little person which is great for children. I think for normal office hours you would expect to pay 40 euros a day. The best of luck with it all.

Stay at home rate?           reply
24/11/2011 14:33 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay (Locality: Dublin South)
Hi Folks,

Can anyone advise me what the appropriate daily rate would be (standard office hours) to mind a seven month old baby when the child minder has their own baby also (stay at home mom)... Is there a reduced rate when the minder may have less one-on-one time for your child?

Thanks,

24/11/2011 21:32 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
Hi
You wouldnt expect a reduced rate just because a minder is taking care of other children TBH. Most minders have their own children anyway, this is one of the apprealing factors for some parents, that homely environment.
If you really want an exculsive minder maybe a nanny may be a good option? This way you gaurantee 100% care for your child only. However this would cost the guts of 80-100 per day (as far as I am aware)
Otherwise The going rate for this age is about 40per day, 45 for some minders , in their own home,

24/11/2011 16:45 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
Daily rate around Dublin is normally approx. €45 for one child.

discussion forum terms & conditions

;