Schooldays.ie - Ireland's Online Resource for Parents & Teachers

Parenting & Education in Ireland

Schooldays.ie - Ireland's Online Resource for Parents & Teachers

Parenting & Education

× Home Parents Associations About Us

Therapeutic Horse Riding

Therapeutic Horse Riding           reply
12/05/2014 15:18 - Introduce Yourself (Locality: Dublin South)
-----------------------------------
Hi There,

I´m a fully qualified Therapeutic Horse Riding Coach and I currently work in 2 different riding schools. You may not know much about Therapeutic Riding but it is excellent for children with special needs. I work with a range of children with Autism, Aspergers, ADD, ADHD to Cerebral Palsy and other disabilities. Therapeutic Riding has a very profound affect on children, and horses have a very calming influence on humans in general. T.R. is not a mainstream riding lesson, I do not use a saddle but I use a roller which is like handles..and a soft pad. The movement of the horse, increases core strength and exercising on horse back often promotes a lot of different responses from children. Including non- verbal children starting to make sounds with excitement My job is very rewarding and I love it. I am a mum of 2 myself and being a parent is difficult as it is.... A Therapeutic Coaching session lasts for half hour as this is generally enough for the child- it is a slow process but very steady, and it´s wonderful to see how children improve on a regular basis. I am freelancing now at weekends also , and as there are not very many qualified people in Ireland, this is a Therapy you might like to try. If you are interested in speaking to me, please feel free to contact me by P.M. I would be happy to answer any of your questions and give you some more information... If you have not tried this yet for your child- I would recommend it even once!

discussion forum terms & conditions

;

File Attachment Icon
images72NRGA1C.jpg