Schooldays.ie - Ireland's Online Resource for Parents & Teachers

Parenting & Education in Ireland

Schooldays.ie - Ireland's Online Resource for Parents & Teachers

Parenting & Education

× Home Parents Associations About Us

Two kids going to montessori but Childminder wont take a reduction

Two kids going to montessori but Childminder wont take a reduction           reply
02/08/2016 17:27 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
-----------------------------------
Need advice please... I have my two kids with a childminder and they are mad about her. They´re both going to be in montessori from September from 9-12.30 . Childminder doesn´t mind dropping and picking up but when I suggested that we do the drop off and then how much Wld she charge for pick up at 12.30 til I get them at 5.30 she seemed shocked that I´d even suggest a reduction and said that she wouldn´t take any reduction.

Is this normal? Obviously I´d pay her the usual for school holidays or any days they´re not in school

re... : Two kids going to montessori but Childminder wont take a reduction           reply
02/08/2016 20:04 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
hi there
i completely agree with the previous poster,the childminder cannot take other children for the ecce hours if you still require her to be available during time off.another alternative is to agree an hourly rate separate for holiday time.i dont think t shuld be the same though

re : Two kids going to montessori but Childminder wont take a reduction           reply
02/08/2016 18:53 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
Majority childminders would agree in your case the rate should start at collection meaning a drop in her rate. Majority childminders will charge for playschool hours if dropping and collecting especially if she registered and insured service. However perhaps this situation she can´t afford and would take on fulltime mindees instead. Have you considered who is on call if playschool closed or your kids not well enough to attend playschool. Ecce is free to you but the spin the government has put out is it´s free childcare but the knockin effect is this discussion your currently having.
I´d this situation, family not willing pay for ecce hours so rate started at collection as they decided to cover drop themselves when I suggested I´d start at collection but I was never to be available for morning hours. There is a point where principles kick in any working person and feeling used is not nice. This proved inconvenient for them and in reality the savings did not offset this inconvenience.
Hopefully ye can discuss it all and agree something especially considering your children are very well settled.

discussion forum terms & conditions

;