Parenting & Education in Ireland

Schooldays.ie - Ireland's Online Resource for Parents & Teachers

Parenting & Education

× Home Parents Associations About Us

Urgent, how much for 3 siblings

re... : Urgent, how much for 3 siblings           reply
23/10/2015 10:59 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
-----------------------------------
hi there if your car is between 1 litre and a 1.4 litre then the cost would be about 3 euro a day.anything above would be about 5 euro

20/10/2015 16:10 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
Registered childminder rate is average €5 an hr for one childminder but €45 a day is a big ask, majority parents will run a mile no matter what you offer....but of course location is a factor..
I travel 5 min drive for ecce and it´s troublesome, hassle leaving house and wear and tear on car...nearly a hour will be gone driving, parking and collecting if you don´t charge well it´s not worth your while unfortunately...a domestic car insurance policy will not cover you also and this costs...
In saying that €69 would be far too low for me...and I don´t offer any food either..
Def do two rates, payable hours due at end of the current week....

Urgent, how much for 3 siblings           reply
20/10/2015 11:41 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
Hi,

Can those in the know give me an idea of what to charge for 3 siblings. Toddler full day from 8-5.30 and two after schoolers with pick up at least 3 days a week from school 25 minutes drive from me. Food, snacks etc to be provided my be.

Parents prefer weekly charge as opposed to daily rate. Also, would rate change during school holidays.

Thanks in advance

re : Urgent, how much for 3 siblings           reply
23/10/2015 21:55 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
Hi, just saw this post. I pay our childminder €350 per week for 3 kids - 6 (in school until 2), 4 (in play school until 12) and 2.5 (at home all day). She comes to our house. She doesn´t do any housework - just taking care of the kids and I obviously supply the food! We are in Mayo and this seems to be the going rate- about 60-70 per day. Hope this helps. It would be slightly cheaper for me to send them all to the crèche and roughly about the same to drop them to someone else´s house (and I wouldn´t have the food costs, bills at home etc.) but it´s lovely having someone coming into us. I would definitely add on more if you are supplying the food, petrol expenses etc. Hope this helps.

20/10/2015 14:38 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
Thanks Ann, so based on those amounts it would average €45 for 1st child from 8-5 and basing other two siblings with 2.30 pick up till 5/5.30 at €12 each child for the afternoon. So €69 per day not including petrol for school run.
Does that sound right? So would you factor in petrol on top of that?
Sorry for so many questions but this came about suddenly.

23/10/2015 11:00 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
hi there if your car is between 1 litre and a 1.4 litre then the cost would be about 3 euro a day.anything above would be about 5 euro

re : Urgent, how much for 3 siblings           reply
20/10/2015 13:18 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
Hi, I mind at the moment in Co Meath, similar ages to yours. I charge 5 euro an hour for the toddler and 4 euro for each sibling. I provide dinner/snacks for this but don´t need to do school pick up as school is only 5 min walk away. I would work this out for a daily rate and then multiply by 5 for the week, you can round it up or down as you see fit, I would be inclined to round it up as three kids are a lot to take on. I would also add on petrol, 25 mins drive is a lot but I couldn´t advise you on how much petrol allowance you should charge, hopefully someone else will be able to tell you.
Yes, you definitely need to add extra for hols, again work out full daily rate based on figures I have given you and maybe give a discount for holiday care, this is the way I do it and parents have been fine so far with this. Best of luck, Anne.

discussion forum terms & conditions

;