Parenting & Education in Ireland

Schooldays.ie - Ireland's Online Resource for Parents & Teachers

Parenting & Education

× Home Parents Associations About Us

Was I taken advantage of ?

Was I taken advantage of ?           reply
19/09/2013 00:52 - Meath Childminders
-----------------------------------
I was minding 3 children age 2,4,5 in their own home from 7.30 am to 5.30pm, Monday Tuesday and Wednesday. I had to bring the eldest girl to school a few times during my time there,the school is 12miles away and then the 4year old to playschool at 12pm everyday,(also 12 miles away). I got paid 100euro a week. My petrol costs were included in that. As it was a favour for family I´m just wondering was I too easy going?

re : Was I taken advantage of ?           reply
25/09/2013 09:12 - Meath Childminders
-----------------------------------
Hi there,
Just saw your message and felt compelled to respond.
In a nutshell..you were totally taken advantage of.
Everyone has there own take on what is and isn´t acceptable payment and or
Conditions fir childminding.regardless of qualifications/experience that is madness in my book.
3 children of those ages and with petrol expenses not covered AND working 10 hour days for €100 p.w is not acceptable.
Break down everything: hours per day per child and howuch you want to charge a head (or a fixed rate per day if prefered.
Then add your petrol expenses and any additional coatings during the day ie; meals or snacks
You provide.
Personally I would charge a daily rate of between €65-€75 fir all three children then discuss a monthly petrol allowance. If you can come to an compromise
That suits all concerned that´s better but do not let the fact that it is family take presidence over
The fact that this is a job fir you and not play money..best if luck;-)

discussion forum terms & conditions

;