Schooldays.ie - Ireland's Online Resource for Parents & Teachers

Parenting & Education in Ireland

Schooldays.ie - Ireland's Online Resource for Parents & Teachers

Parenting & Education

× Home Parents Associations About Us

What age to send child to national school?

re : What age to send child to national school?           reply
08/08/2015 13:40 - Choosing a School / Application Procedures
-----------------------------------
Hi I had this dilemma as my child was born beginning of April. We ended up deferring his place in school and he started when he was 5. it ended up being a straight forward decision for us because he had speech issues. But I have to say he has bundles of confidence because he was really ready for school then and was comfortable in himself. You will know yourself closer to the time what is right for your child. as regards being the oldest in the class, my son is the second eldest but a fair few turned 6 before they finished for summer holidays so don´t worry about that. Its a very individual decision and you and your family will know best.

What age to send child to national school?           reply
07/08/2015 12:21 - Choosing a School / Application Procedures
-----------------------------------
Hi, I´m wondering what age I should send my little boy to school. He was born in March. At the moment, he is in crèche 3 mornings a week. He will be 3 and a half in September and moving into pre school room but I can´t decide if I should have him start play school this year and go to school at 4 and a half or is it better to let him have this year in pre school room, crèche next year and national school at 5 and a half. Any advice appreciated.

discussion forum terms & conditions

;