Parenting & Education in Ireland

Schooldays.ie - Ireland's Online Resource for Parents & Teachers

Parenting & Education

× Home Parents Associations About Us

Who should pay for this?

re : Who should pay for this?           reply
21/11/2013 18:37 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
-----------------------------------
i got a buggy in charity shop for 30euro its lovely and clean .
think you should buy it as its a job your being paid for.

Who should pay for this?           reply
20/11/2013 15:03 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
Hi all,
I have a question about how to cover certain once-off costs of childminding!! My situation--I have a 14 month old daughter and I am currently going to be meeting with a family to potentially arrange that I would be minding their son during the day who is around the same age. I am very active with my daughter, parks, playgroups, walks etc. which I would continue to do with their son as well. I live right in the village and never drive...so I would need a double buggy. Who should pay for this? I would only buy the buggy used so I´m looking at prices around 100e. Is it fair that I ask the parents to contribute at least half of this cost? I would then refund that money to them if the situation were to change... is this inappropriate? My feeling is that if they feel I am the right person to entrust their child with, they should be willing to contribute to this cost being that it would greatly benefit their child? Am I right in saying this? Any thoughts please let me know!! Thank you!!!

20/11/2013 16:07 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
in case it isn´t clear, I will be minding the child in my own home!! thank you

20/11/2013 16:52 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
Is his a casual arrangement or are u a childminder? As a minder myself it would be my decision to take the child on or not and in that case I would cover costs.

re... : Who should pay for this?           reply
20/11/2013 18:41 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
I feel the childminder should cover the cost of the double buggy or indeed any equipment one should need. (bit like a hairdresser asking one to bring a hairdryer)
What if the family said they dont mind their child not going for walks!
In saying that Iv gone thro three double buggy, all different types and all a pain to store. check the second hand websites/charity shops for a bargain. I once bought one for €15.

re... : Who should pay for this?           reply
20/11/2013 19:27 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
thank you!!

discussion forum terms & conditions

;