Parenting & Education in Ireland

Schooldays.ie - Ireland's Online Resource for Parents & Teachers

Parenting & Education

× Home Parents Associations About Us

Word of warning - Andrea Gardiner

Word of warning - Andrea Gardiner           reply
26/11/2016 13:45 - Dublin South Childminders
-----------------------------------
This is to warn other parents off booking Andrea Gardiner to look after their kids. Her lack of professionalism and incompetence is highlighted below in the complaint email I´ve had to send after a 2nd no-show:

*******************************************************************************************************************

Andrea,

E******** is my name. I am S***** M*******´s partner and E****´s dad (we had booked you to take care of E**** last night).

This was the second time that we´ve booked you only for you to become unresponsive and not show up on the day. Yesterday in particular was a big occasion for us as we had planned an evening out to celebrate S*****´s birthday. This would have been our first night out since E**** was born almost 5 months ago. Due to E****´s colic and reflux, and the fact that she can be quite unsettled, we have been unable to leave her with a babysitter nor do our families live in Dublin, hence why we had sought a professional who had been recommended to us.

Your conduct was anything but professional, considering the fact that we had confirmed this booking, only for you not to respond or show up - again. Like I mentioned, this is the second time this has happened and we decided to give you the benefit of the doubt after the first ´no-show´. In hindsight, we´re actually glad that we did not leave E**** in your care as you are clearly unreliable. Considering your profession, and the fact that you expect parents to trust their kids in your care, you have failed to demonstrate any decency. Even a courtesy call / text to cancel would have sufficed, as this would have enabled us to make other plans.

S**** and I had planned our day around our arrangements with you. To say that we´re annoyed is an understatement. We have retained the text messages with you, so you cannot yet again claim any misunderstanding in this case.

This is to let you know that I will be following up via any channel available to me to warn other parents about your complete incompetence.

discussion forum terms & conditions

;