Parenting & Education in Ireland

Schooldays.ie - Ireland's Online Resource for Parents & Teachers

Parenting & Education

× Home Parents Associations About Us

change of arrangement

re : change of arrangement           reply
18/11/2015 10:40 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
-----------------------------------
I suppose it depends on whether you can afford to have the reduced income..it´s disadvantage of being self employed..childminding I´d say is worst for this as it´s very difficult mix match families...Childminding Ireland can´t believe how a reg childminder hasn´t three preschoolers full time netting €600 a week! Reality is very different!
I look at what family needs and see if suits my family needs first, then look business wise. Id also bear in mind while reducing down to two days youv had a few weeks of extra days so might look less weeks of two days! Have you a deposit system in place just in case things change with the family and your out work after months waiting.

change of arrangement           reply
17/11/2015 21:24 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
Hello childminders, I just want to run something by ye and get your opinions..... Ive been minding siblings aged 2 and 3 for about 10 months or so. I have a contract in place where we agreed in writing they required childcare 3 days a week. Mom had a new baby a few months ago and I was asked to mind them for 5 days for a week or two which I did and then it was dropped down to 4 days a week for another few weeks ..which I did. Then they were back down to their usual 3 days a week (as per contract) for another few weeks but now they say they are only going to need me for 2 days until at least Feb/March but hopefully til August if Moms parental leave is agreed. Newborn will be 1 yr old then and Mom would intend going back to work fulltime and I would have the 3 children to mind....3 days a week.
I have asked them to let me know asap when I will be needed 3 days a week again as obviously my earnings are about to drop. I told them I need to know as I may need to consider taking on another child.
What do ye think I should do.... August is a long time away if Im only having them for 2 days for the next 8 months or so...

re... : change of arrangement           reply
21/11/2015 21:16 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
Hi minderofchild. Thanks for your reply.
No... I dont have a deposit system in place.... which I probably should have but its too late now!
I would hope I wouldnt be left high and dry .
Ive spoken to parents again and expressed my concern going forward.. so we are both clear on where we stand. We ll just have to wait and see how it all works out. If I am asked to mind a fulltime child in the next few months I will consider it and parents know this may affect their place.

discussion forum terms & conditions

;