Schooldays.ie - Ireland's Online Resource for Parents & Teachers

Parenting & Education in Ireland

Schooldays.ie - Ireland's Online Resource for Parents & Teachers

Parenting & Education

× Home Parents Associations About Us

charge for 2 school kids-should i pay for all school breaks while my kids are at home?

re... : charge for 2 school kids-should i pay for all school breaks while my kids are at home?           reply
18/07/2013 22:11 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
-----------------------------------
I am not a teacher

re... : charge for 2 school kids-should i pay for all school breaks while my kids are at home?           reply
22/07/2013 18:43 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
many thanks All for your answers:)

charge for 2 school kids-should i pay for all school breaks while my kids are at home?           reply
18/07/2013 20:41 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay (Locality: Cork)
Dear All,I have 2 school kids-one in Senior infants and 1 in 2nd class.i used to pay 50 euro for both of them a day and my childminder did not charge my for the school breaks as i am at home with them when they are off from school.she told me now that she wants to get the same money but wants us to pay here for the school breaks as well,even if the kids are not with her.I believe this is unfair as I checked all the aferschool services and they do not charge for school breaks at all...can someone please tell me if i should pay for all the school breaks and if the 50 euro charge is fair as kids are at school till 1-30 and 2-30.afterschool service charge the same money...i appreciate your opinion.many thanks!!!

23/07/2013 13:10 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
I childmind term time and dont get paid for the holidays/bank holidays, this was agreed on day one.
Draw up a contact with your childminder discussing what you pay and dont. Personally to pay for full summer hols etc when your at home and want to have your children with you is a bit much.

18/07/2013 22:12 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
I am not a teacher

re : charge for 2 school kids-should i pay for all school breaks while my kids are at home?           reply
18/07/2013 22:06 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
Are you a teacher then?

24/07/2013 10:08 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
i wouldent expect a parent.to pay for a full 2 months.if they are of for that time.a retainer.could be paid to hold the spot..but if they take a holiday.1/2 weeks. that should be fully covered.easter christmas and the other weeks of should be covered.even half rate.

22/07/2013 17:27 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
yes you should be paying your childminder if you do not send the children as she is available to mind them, as otherwise she has space available for 2 children which she can take on then you will be left looking for a childminder

discussion forum terms & conditions

;