Schooldays.ie - Ireland's Online Resource for Parents & Teachers

Parenting & Education

× Home Parents Associations About Us

childminder cost in minders home??? please help

re : childminder cost in minders home??? please help           reply
30/03/2011 19:18 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
-----------------------------------
Hi,

Am i reading this correctly? Your childminder would like to charge you an additional €15/day to feed your 2 children? What is she feeding them?!

I would say your rate is fairly reasonable (again, as above, I´m based in South Dublin but they should be quite similar).

In my opinion childminders should not be trying to charge MORE at the moment, the economic conditions dictate otherwise. But as someone else mentioned, if you are happy with the level of care provided, it can be hard to find someone who is minding children for the pure love of it (and in my mind, not so much for the money!).

re... : childminder cost in minders home??? please help           reply
30/03/2011 21:29 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
thanks a million, i not great with the talking aspect so i´ll will have to plan what i will say but i´ll take on board what you said. thanks again cheers!

29/03/2011 11:06 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
I think your paying a good rate as it is, I am a childminder in Dublin South and for part time hours charge 8eu per hour for 2 siblings. Thats also including food. This tends to be the going rate in Dublin, unsure as to Cork but I cant see it being more expensive than here. HTH, Lisa

10/09/2015 20:30 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
the is expesive charge. im qualified childminder and I charge 40e ah day weather I done in my own home or childrens home

childminder cost in minders home??? please help           reply
29/03/2011 10:50 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay (Locality: Cork)
please help me. i currently have a childminder and she looks after my 2 kids (17mths & 3 1/2 yrs) in her own home. i provide nappies wipes etc for the youngest - not on formula anymore. she feeds them both. i work 3/4 days a week and she minds them 8am-6pm (€75 a day). is this a fair rate? the rate has been asked to increase to €90 a day for 10hrs with food or to stay at the same with me providing the food.
please can anyone help me as i am not sure what to do?
thanks in advance!

30/03/2011 20:05 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
I have to say I am in shock!

I understand where you´re coming from not wanting your little one to be left out. Have you discussed this with your childminder, perhaps pointing out just how ludicrous her offer sounds (diplomatically of course!!! ;) )

07/01/2012 15:32 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
I am a childminder in my own home.
I do find the extra cost for food expensive, yes, but bear in mind, this is fair , since the childminder will have to mind the kids and then still write the lists, prepare, go to the store, unpack the food , store the food and this all includes, effort, time and also will cost electricity, usage of her own wear and tear on her car, petrol etc.
Hope this helps.

29/03/2011 11:12 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
thanks for replying so quickly - thats a great help. i would be good to hear from someone in cork as well the get an all round picture. thanks again

08/09/2014 18:19 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
i honestly think your minder is looking for to much i work in cork area and think 40 eoro for one child 60 for 2 is a good rate your minder is very lucky to be getting paid the rate she is

11/09/2015 13:04 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
Flowers, this is old thread but overheads for a registered and insured cming service have increased...minimum wage applies in children´s home so it´s illegal to inform €40 for a days work...childminders charge by the hour but will do a day n week rate if appropriate.
I find it very unprofessional when a cmer changes changes mid contact, it´s unfair on family.

30/03/2011 19:39 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
hi thanks for replying. you are reading correct it would be €15 extra a day. as they would be in her care for 10 hrs a day. now don´t get me wrong she gives great care, but how do i justify €15 extra a day (€7.50 upto €9 per hour) to feed a 1yr & 3 yr old. now i did get the option to provide their food for the orginal price we agreed at €7.50 per hour. but how weird would that be for the 3 yr old to sitting down to lunch with her kids and not eating the same food. i don´t know how to settle this - confused? cheers

11/04/2012 16:36 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
and....... if you are really happy with her I would provide the food because even with having to buy and prepare it €15 extra is very steep - change dinner to the evening and give sandwiches and yogurts for lunch.

11/01/2012 09:44 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
i think 75 euro is enough .she asks you to increase it to 90 euro a day for 10hrs with food or to stay at the 75 euro with you providing the food.i wouldent accept that. there is a lot of other minders out there who would jump at the chance of the job.and they would provide all food aswell.shes chancing her arm to see if you will accept her terms.ask her will she accept what she is on at the moment and if she declines then tell her you need to find a new minder .chances are she will back down

30/03/2011 17:24 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
Hi , im a childminder with qualifications , and experience .The children came to my home and the parents provide nappies and formula.I charge 30 eu for a full day for a baby (7 to 6pm), toddler 35eu a day and the sessions is 15 eu for 3 hours.including meals
My recomendation is if you and your children are happy in her care i would try to negociate but have present is difficult to find someone good this days who is really interested in the children, lots of people are minding children this days just because of the economic situation.you can also contact childminding Ireland or Cork county Childcare Committee they will be able to help you.
best of luck. Maria

discussion forum terms & conditions

;