Schooldays.ie - Ireland's Online Resource for Parents & Teachers

Parenting & Education

× Home Parents Associations About Us

childminder/mom in d7 area available

childminder/mom in d7 area available           reply
01/01/2014 14:48 - Dublin West Childminders
-----------------------------------
hi,

Orlagh is my name im 25 a mom of 2 and a qualified childcare worker. I am living just off blackhorse ave. I have a little girl whos 2 and a 8 month old little boy who would love company and play with another little one.

Im am fully Qualified in childcare. I have my Fetac L5 certificate. This includes First aid I have also been garda vetted in the past from when working in creches.
I have been working in childcare for past 4 years. For the first 2 years i was a nanny for children ranging from 6months - 7 years old.

I am looking to return to the nanny side of childcare as i see it more benificial to children as there in there home enviornment and comfort zone. It can also be handier for the parents as there not rushing to pick up for a certain time. I have been interested in children since i was the age of 15 since my younger brother was born and worked in a creche for my work experience and then persued my career in childcare.

Up until halloween 2011 I had actually been minding twins of the ages 3 1/2 (4 in december) who were living in the phibsboro area. My daily routine with them was more keeping them active and stimulated and having fun during the day. My day started at 9, I would get them dressed and bring them to a playgroup (stonybatter parent/toddler group) 3 mornings a week to encourge and help there social skills develop also for interaction with kids of there own age and for there speech aswell. I also fed them and changed them whilst playing with them through play and arts and crafts. I also did a bit of house work whilst they were having free play up in there room or in the sitting room. If weather was nice we went for walks to the park and to the playground. They also attend montessori from 12.15-3.15 so I dropped them off and then collected them to mind them till 5.30.
I had every intention in going back to them on the 9th of Jan 2012 to continue to mind them but I have just been told there mom is taking a career break so I was back to the drawing board to look for a new job. I then went to mind a baby same age as my little girl, but unfortunatly its not full time permanatly as the dad is in the film industry so his contract is finishing up. So now out looking for something more full time.
I have my own car and full licence, as well as reference and cv if you wish to see them.
I look forward to hearing from you.
Orlagh O Brien

discussion forum terms & conditions

;