Parenting & Education in Ireland

Schooldays.ie - Ireland's Online Resource for Parents & Teachers

Parenting & Education

× Home Parents Associations About Us

childminding rates

re... : childminding rates           reply
30/08/2013 13:10 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
-----------------------------------
its up to the person themselves.what they decide.is decent enough.for themselves.personally myself.i wouldent mind.3 kids for 50 euro.for a 10/11 hrs.i wouldent charge.100/110 either.i would leave it at 80 ..parents cant just work to pay minders.and have nothing left for themselves.
pennylane be careful a few months down the line.she could change her mind.and want more.get urself a contract.and if shes happy with it.get her to sign it.that goes both ways

30/08/2013 22:11 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
pennylane.i dont blame you.a lot of people also.think that most childminders are doing it for a few extra bob.that is the case.for a lot.but some are doing as a full time job.like u i couldent mind 3 kids for 50 euro a day.pick ups and all (no.)
aka.you wouldent mind a minder having a few cups of tea or coffee.but to polish of ur food is a bit much.and to also leave the kids starving.thats not on.also disconnect ur internet.when shes there.you should find a new minder.that dosent sit eating and browsing the net all day.your not paying her to do that.find someone.who will do their job.

childminding rates           reply
26/08/2013 11:48 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay (Locality: Tipperary)
I am currently minding 3 children from 7:15 am til 6pm 3 days a week and i get paid 75 e per day, i also have to provide breakfast and tea for them. There ages are 4 2 and 9 months.. Am i been fairly paid,i feel that i´m not ? I also get no holiday pay of any kind either.

26/08/2013 21:12 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
yes there is a very fine line between what one can reasonably charge and what parents are willing to or can afford to pay....I know my neighbour was charging 5 euro/hr for one child and 3 euro/hr for a sibling and has had 3 potential sets of parents turning her down because she was too expensive! This is what she charges for all minded children I think... be they full time or part time hours.... she says anything less wouldnt be worth her while and I agree.

30/08/2013 17:43 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
Bear in mind ladies this income is TAX FREE.
I´m trying to mind a new childminder as mine seems to do nothing only
eat and use my laptop.....
I came home early one evening from work and my children were starving!!!

26/08/2013 17:09 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
Rates should be but are not, location is so important as is the supply of childcare and also the demand for childcare in ones area. One has to price accordingly so as not to price oneself out of the market. I have found its a fine line between what I can justify to make the work worthwhile and what a parent can and/or are willing to spend.

30/08/2013 19:35 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
I think you may be misunderstanding me..I´m the potential childminder... the parent is only offering E50 for a 10 hr day with 3 children. I won´t accept that...I would do it for E70 a day, but she says it´s non-negotiable....that´s why I´m asking the question, is it not illegal to pay someone below the minimum wage?

30/08/2013 21:59 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
Ask the lady to find out how much a crèche would charge, 50.00 is a disgrace!!! for 3 children, some people think that us childminders are underqualified or not capable of working elsewhere, when in actual fact we provide warm, loving environments for their bundles of joy which is hard to come by!! These people really annoy me, good childminders are like gold dust, you should be charging minimum 90.00 per day with possibly a 10% sibling discount, don´t sell yourself short, this lady is expecting slave labour!!! Minimum Wage guarantees an hourly wage of €8.65 to adult employees over eighteen with at least two years previous employment experience. For teenagers under the age of eighteen, this wage guarantee is €6.06 per hour. This increases with a first year of employment over the age of eighteen to €6.92, and with two years of employment experience over this age to €7.79.
If you were to be paid minimum wage you should be getting 259.50 and with 10% discount, you should be getting 233.55,

30/08/2013 22:15 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
i agree with sheena.

26/08/2013 21:24 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
why should someone take the likes.of 3 euro an hr.for 1 child.or 5 euro for 2 kids.people want the best for their kids.but then again.dont want to pay.

30/08/2013 12:57 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
Is it not illegal to pay below the minimum wage? I have a lady at the moment offering E50 for a 10 hour day to mind 3 children from 6month to 4years and do school runs. This works out at E5 an hour, is this the norm and how can this be legal? Curious.

re : childminding rates           reply
26/08/2013 15:25 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
the rate is normally.10 euro an hr.for 3 kids.childminding rates.should be the same.all over ireland

discussion forum terms & conditions

;