Schooldays.ie - Ireland's Online Resource for Parents & Teachers

Parenting & Education in Ireland

Schooldays.ie - Ireland's Online Resource for Parents & Teachers

Parenting & Education

× Home Parents Associations About Us

extra pay when children are on school holidays?

re... : extra pay when children are on school holidays?           reply
28/08/2014 08:23 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
-----------------------------------
Thanks to everyone for their kind PMs and comments. Much appreciated. I am currently on the lookout for a new job as I know I won´t get a pay rise here. At the time i was happy to accept this pay as I had nothing else but now its just not enough. Thanks again

28/08/2014 09:25 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
its worth mentioning it to them.im sure they know they wont get anyone else for 50 quid a day especially with cooking cleaning and shopping.talk to them first and see what they say.i would ask for 80 a day .as no one else will take on the job especially as it involves becoming their personal shopper house keeper and cook.and not even offer a petrol allowance,

re : extra pay when children are on school holidays?           reply
26/08/2014 07:36 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
Dear God...for comparison I mind 3 n 2 yr old. 8.30 to 4. No sch runs etc. All food brought with nappies etc. 50euro a day in my home....
I see people saying 10 or 12 euro an hr but im def you should be getting minimum wage n your family register as your employer. Iv seen other people here reduced their workload as way of making their wage seem worth while...plus charge for fuel.
Pity you didnt charge more for hols, others will advise that work in childrens home. Id add up the hours and charge accordingly.

extra pay when children are on school holidays?           reply
25/08/2014 20:31 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
I currently care for two children one school going where I drop him to school and collect him everyday. I care for the toddler for the day until I collect the other child from school. I am paid 50 a day and this must include collections from school, housework, dinners, doing their grocery shopping etc. I work 10 hour days and am not paid on bank holidays or holidays.
Over the summer I have been minding the two children full time and have still been getting the same pay. I am wondering what are peoples opinions on this. Should I have got more when I had the two all summer or is 50 euro a fair amount? In my opinion I thought the going rate is 35 a day for a child so I was thinking of the other 15 euro I get a day as the after school pay for the other child. However I don´t get petrol money for school drop offs or collections either. Also I am caring for them in their own home.

28/08/2014 11:06 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
To be honest I would be laughed at if I asked for 80 a day. I originally asked for 60 a day at the start when i was taking the job and I was denied this amount. I think she feels that 50 a day is too much as I was offered a lower amount than that to which I refused and therefore they seem to be adding chores on rather than cutting them down as if they feel I need to earn it by doing more. A year on and they haven´t offered me any more money. They obviously don´t value me as their childrens minder. I don´t think any one will do all I have had to do for 50 a day so when I leave hopefully they will realise and not insult anyone else with this amount.

27/08/2014 09:01 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
thats a disgrace you are expected to mind clean cook and collect from school all for 50 euro.(5 euro an hour)you dont even get petrol allowance and dont forget grocery shopping. is that a full weeks shop so you have to use your car again for that.you should be on 10 euro an hour for childminding and i would include an extra bit for cooking and cleaning their house.you are making their live easier by doing this for them.that dosent seem to be appriciated.you should be on at least 80 a day.i would talk to them about this and about a petrol allowance.they may suggest cutting out the shopping and cleaning but that still wont cut it as you are on a rate of 1 child.its 10 euro for 2 kids you are on 5 euro an hour.let us know what happens.

28/08/2014 22:54 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
they basically want their own skivvy.they have trouble coming cos when you leave they are not going to get someone else for 50 a day.they want a house keeper/minder/cook and personal shopper.just to see what happens you should say that you are dropping the shopping cleaning and cooking.people arnt slaves but i think they are treating you like one.if they hire someone else they are going to be hit with 90/100 a day

06/10/2014 11:24 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
jeez as a parent I´m so embarrassed at their behaviour. I hope you find a new job!

re : extra pay when children are on school holidays?           reply
26/08/2014 11:28 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
I would run from this job. You are a skivvy to these people. How dare they disrespect you like this. I would demand minimum wage at least or walk. I´m sure you could find a family who would be willing to respect you and pay you accordingly. If you feel the need to stay on for 50 a day don´t do housework, or their shopping. I think you are mad to even consider staying on

discussion forum terms & conditions

;