Schooldays.ie - Ireland's Online Resource for Parents & Teachers

Parenting & Education in Ireland

Schooldays.ie - Ireland's Online Resource for Parents & Teachers

Parenting & Education

× Home Parents Associations About Us

hi is it normal not to get holiday pay like christmas mid term ect

hi is it normal not to get holiday pay like christmas mid term ect           reply
03/08/2011 19:38 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
-----------------------------------
hi it normal not to get paid for holidays

re... : hi is it normal not to get holiday pay like christmas mid term ect           reply
04/08/2011 11:54 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
Hi, In my past experience this is something you arrange when you start with your childminder, if your child is part- time I would say no.. but if your child is full- time it is a whole differant story.

re : hi is it normal not to get holiday pay like christmas mid term ect           reply
04/08/2011 00:46 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
Sorry, I´m of no help to you, I was just wondering the same thing but from the other side, if I take a week of work do I still pay? or if a childminder requests a week of do I still pay?

I´m returning to work in a couple of weeks, and I´m new to all this (currently in the process of find a childminder) and haven´t a clue and I don´t want to wrong anyone (or myself).

re : hi is it normal not to get holiday pay like christmas mid term ect           reply
04/08/2011 17:09 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
Hi there,

I have had the same childminder for 13 years. What we agreed from the outset was that all holidays would be half pay. This is the same when I go on holidays or my minder does. We both feel this is fair and it has always worked out. If my kids were sick and didn´t go to the minder, I still paid her - if she was sick and I had to make alternative arrangements (very rarely, I might add) , she didn´t charge me. Hope this helps.

discussion forum terms & conditions

;