Schooldays.ie - Ireland's Online Resource for Parents & Teachers

Parenting & Education in Ireland

Schooldays.ie - Ireland's Online Resource for Parents & Teachers

Parenting & Education

× Home Parents Associations About Us

how much should i charge

how much should i charge           reply
21/10/2014 10:58 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay (Locality: Kerry)
-----------------------------------
how much should i charge some one for minding a 6 month old in my home, part time at the moment, but will lead onto full days... so how much would you charge for the day and how much for a few hours

re : how much should i charge           reply
22/10/2014 09:36 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
I know region by region the charge Is different... I´m in Dublin and was in a similar situation last year... I charged by the hr to start off with then came to an agreement for full days... €5 sounds too little to me...after all you will be taking on their most precious jewel... I´ve learned by my mistakes over the years... If your gonna stick to that price make sure they send snacks and dinners for the child... U are not running a charity... I love the kids I mind but let´s face it we are all in it to make a few extra bob to pay a bill... My daily charge btw is €55..

re : how much should i charge           reply
21/10/2014 20:56 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
its around 5 euro an hour

re... : how much should i charge           reply
22/10/2014 12:07 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
5euro an hr if part time, I do do a daily rate or weekly rate though, one I pick not parents...as previous poster said I dont do food..all comes with kids to me as nappies, wipes etc...
I turn away more work than I wish to think about but id prefer my day free than work for low pay...

22/10/2014 10:09 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
i agree 5 euro an hour isent enough.but some dont even want to pay that.there are a few parents who offer 2.50 an hour.there is 1 minder on schooldays who was paid 40 a day for minding 3 kids 10 hours a day.she had to clean the whole house each day cook a meal for the whole family. buy the weekly shop.she also had to tend the garden . on top of that she had school drop ofs/pick ups.she dident even get a petrol allowance.anyone who thinks that is a reasonable rate for all that is mad.

22/10/2014 11:56 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
There´s nota hope in hell would I do that.. I get €55 a day for one child... I know for three kids you have to reduce the price a bit but I supply toys, snacks I do art with them and also get a treat each week if they are good.. I´m also nurse and peacemaker.. Lord knows even when I go to the toilet I have at least 2 of them after me.. DO NOT UNDERSELL YOURSELF... Make them feel you are worth it

discussion forum terms & conditions

;