Schooldays.ie - Ireland's Online Resource for Parents & Teachers

Parenting & Education in Ireland

Schooldays.ie - Ireland's Online Resource for Parents & Teachers

Parenting & Education

× Home Parents Associations About Us

not paid for child sick days

not paid for child sick days           reply
01/03/2013 22:53 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay (Locality: Dublin North)
-----------------------------------
hi there.a friend of mine in ashbourne minds 2 kids boys 4 days a week.monday tuesday.thursday and friday..4 hrs a day.she gets 120.she minds in there home..from.12.30 till 4.30.she gets 30 a day.1 of the boys was sick.the parents texted her on monday morning to mind around 10.same again on tuesday.the mother dosent work on wedensday.she also took thursday of.she got 150 for the 3 days.20 hrs.she dident get paid for the day the mother took of to stay with the child.now the way i see it is.my friend dropped everything to help them out.even stayed on for an extra half hr.she keeps the kitchen spotless for them.cleans up after the kids.8 euro an hr.they did her out of 10 euro also

re : not paid for child sick days           reply
01/03/2013 23:06 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
it dident work out at 8 euro either,it worked out at a fiver an hr for the sick child.and as soon as she picked up the other.the 2nd kicked in.i told her she needs to up her money to around 10 euro an hr.as shes minding in there house.she said shes going to leave it till nxt january to say it.also from september its going to be 3 hrs a day.i told her she cant accept 25 euro a day

re... : not paid for child sick days           reply
02/03/2013 11:42 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
Having a clear contract at the start [no time like the present to start (jan is almost a year away), she should write down a few points and then say to the parent Iv a few points Id like to discuss] will avoid any issues/frustrations etc in the future.
Personally I feel a parent should pay for a day they remove a child (sick, hols, wedding etc), as the space for the child is still there/your available for work. A childminder has bills too etc.
I can´t give any advice on the money side of things as I feel thats a issue between the parent and childminder and meeting a happy medium. As childminder I want to work but Im unwilling to devalue the service/time I offer by accepting the low paid jobs Iv been offered.

02/03/2013 12:35 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
hi there.i agree.she needs a contract.she told me.the mother is a nice woman.but looks the sort.that could start at the drop of a hat.the father is also very nice.she said shes going to wait till.september. when she has them for 3 hrs 4 days a week.she also drops 1 of for karate.6 miles each way.gets 10 euro also for that.
shes going to leave it at 1o euro an hr.from september.so it will still be 120....im going to write out a contract my self.and make sure she gives it to them..if they kick of.then all she has to do is walk away

re : not paid for child sick days           reply
30/04/2013 05:32 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
As far as I´m concerned, when my baby is sick my job can basically consider me sick, too. I told my boss that I have a baby and might have to take time off. He has kids too, so he understands. My wife doesn´t have paid sick leave, so I´m the one who always takes off. When your kid is sick, much of the time you need [url=http://personalmoneynetwork.com/moneyblog/?s=pay+for+sick+child]medication[/url]. Sometimes, it is bad enough that the physician will prescribe a strict regimen of medication, but this is not necessarily affordable. You have to get the medication or your kid may never get over the illness, but it costs a lot.

30/04/2013 11:07 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
if a parent isent covered for sick days.then a minder dosent get paid for those days thats fair enough.but if the parent is covered.then yes you should get paid for sick days.it works both ways.but wont i dont think is right.is a parent calling at the last minute.to say that they will be of for a week.even though there not sick.just pulling a sicky.i know some people who do this on there minder a lot.and dosent pay the minder.can anyone justify that.

discussion forum terms & conditions

;