Parenting & Education in Ireland

Schooldays.ie - Ireland's Online Resource for Parents & Teachers

Parenting & Education

× Home Parents Associations About Us

payment for extra hours

re : payment for extra hours           reply
11/11/2014 12:05 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
-----------------------------------
some people cant afford to pay the same rate for holidays.so both sides should come up with a decent daily rate for the school holidays.as for people wanting a childminder to work the holidays for the same rate as after school is not on.i wouldn´t work an extra five hours a day(25 hours a week) for nothing.i don´t think anyone whether they are qualified or not should work extra hours and get nothing for it.

payment for extra hours           reply
11/11/2014 10:38 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
-----------------------------------
i have had a few job offers over the last few months.most were after school 2.30 till 6.30.most minding positions were to mind 2 kids.some were 4 days some were 5 days.everything goes well until i mentioned the extra rate during the school holidays. hours were 8/9 till 6.30 some of these meant doing an extra 20/30 hours.when i mentioned that i do charge for the extra hours worked i was looked at like i was an alien.1 couple said i should be happy with the 40 euro offered.that´s OK for 4 or 5 hours.but not 10 hours a day.you cant expect someone to work extra hours and not pay them.same goes for when a minder goes in early due to a child being sick.that should also be covered.but some people wont pay.im not saying all parents are like that.there are some great ones out there who appreciate what a minder does for them

discussion forum terms & conditions

;