× Home Parents Associations About Us

price to charge

price to charge           reply
08/11/2016 11:02 - Dublin North Childminders
-----------------------------------
Very good loving childminder here
I have two boys that I mind 7:30 to 4:00
Take older child to the creche for the free three hrs and collect as well
My pay is 60 a week. My rent is going up :( so my options are that this family pay me 90 a day (45 a child) or find two other children that are able to be charged 45 a day....am I asking to much for this family to pay that amount? I feel horrible but I´ve no choice. If you mins two siblings in your home and supply food and do the free school run what would be normal cost. One child 6 months one child 3yrs old..

re : price to charge           reply
22/11/2016 10:07 - Dublin North Childminders
-----------------------------------
Hey I don´t know if anyone replied to you yet but unfortunately that would be a high rate to charge for childcare and actually 60 is a very good rate. I know it´s frustrating to hear but even childcare workers in crèches minding a room full of kids would make less then 60 a day. I worked as a play school teacher and helped assist the supervisor for over 2 and half years minding up at 18 kids (with an assistant) and got less then that a week after tax. If I were you I would stick to the job your in if you can manage your rent. It´s one of the most challenging jobs and it does get disheartening when you feel your not getting what you should but I´d advise you to stick with it. Maybe just ask for an extra bit a week towards petrol and food like maybe 20 extra on a Friday to get in some groceries for them. Hopefully it all works out well for you xxx

discussion forum terms & conditions

;