Parenting & Education in Ireland

Schooldays.ie - Ireland's Online Resource for Parents & Teachers

Parenting & Education

× Home Parents Associations About Us

what should i be getting paid??

what should i be getting paid??           reply
03/02/2012 23:38 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
-----------------------------------
hi i need a bit off help, i not sure i getting enough money for hours i doing and kids i minding, i have a 2 and 3 yr old from 9 till 6 a 5 yr old from 2 til 6 and a 10yr old from 4 to 6. i mind them in there own house i doing house work, and feeding kids. what should i be gettin paid?? thanks.

re : what should i be getting paid??           reply
04/02/2012 23:45 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
.dont forget u are also cleaning her house. do you cook for herself and her husband aswell as the kids. you could always take the 280 and let her clean her own house.a cleaner would charge 10 euro an hr. so if you cleaned her house for 3 hrs a day that would be 150 a week add that on to 280 that makes 430.do you have to drop any of the kids of and pick them up u also need to think of your own expenses you could always ask her for 360 a week.the woman wants her cake and wants to eat it
if she wants you to cook for the entire family then u should also take that into concideration.you are her childminder not her personal cleaner and cook if she wants you doing that aswell then she should pay up then she can have her cake and eat it keep us informed

re... : what should i be getting paid??           reply
21/02/2012 19:28 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
You should definitely have a chat with them, that amount is way too low for the amount of hrs worked, it works out at only 6.22e p/hr. also when looking after children in their own home, by right they should be paying your taxes/prsi. aside from that i would advise you to speak with them about your pay, you deserve more!! good luck

04/02/2012 19:18 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
i only getting 280 a week?

re : what should i be getting paid??           reply
04/02/2012 01:12 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
hi what are you getting at the moment.i would say around 100 euro a day.u also say that u do the house work.a cleaner gets up to 10 euro an hr.i would negotiate a good rate for looking after the kids and doing the house work..theres to many people out there wanting the childminders to clean there house and not pay them for it.your paid to look after the kids if they want there houses cleaned they should pay a bit extra for it

16/02/2012 21:56 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
i currently pay childminder (in her own home) €300 a week for my two children 2 and 4. when dd starts school in sept and will only be part time then it will be 260 a week. I would pay more if i could. i think though 280 a week for all you do is a bit low. maybe have a chat with the parents?

discussion forum terms & conditions

;