Parenting & Education in Ireland

Schooldays.ie - Ireland's Online Resource for Parents & Teachers

Parenting & Education

× Home Parents Associations About Us

what should i do??

re : what should i do??           reply
19/11/2011 10:58 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
-----------------------------------
Yes you did the right thing - never undersell yourself. Something else comes along for good childminders like you.
I think that people expect an awful lot , even though they pay pittins sometimes, I dont get it.
I have had the experice myself and it is not fair.
Really you did the right thing.

what should i do??           reply
17/11/2011 13:21 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
hi, i have been working in childcare 10 years and am currently looking after 3 children, 1 4 and 7 and i bring my own son along with me. i work 40 hrs a wk and get 250... recently my boss has started gettin me to stay on extra hrs with no extra pay. last wk it was an extra 7 hrs and she wanted the same this wk but i have said no and we had a huge argument and i gave her my notice, was i being unreasonable? i havn´t been happy for a while as i feel she take advantage and has me doin alot extra like washing, ironing,cleaning windows, changing beds!!!!
i am doing the right thing leaving aren´t i??

re : what should i do??           reply
17/11/2011 18:32 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
Yes absolutely! People who hire a childminder and pay such low wages get used to the good life and before you know it they are taking advantage! You have to be assertive and they have to realise how much it would actually cost to have their children in creche full time where they are surrounded by other children and not getting the one on one home care that you are providing. Be strong!

re... : what should i do??           reply
17/11/2011 23:40 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
i agree with greatexpectations.your boss is taking advantage.she also had u doing her housework.a cleaner alone can earn 10 euro an hr

discussion forum terms & conditions

;