Euro Languages College
Who we are:
Euro Languages College (ELC) provides residential French, German and Spanish courses for secondary school students every summer, with full immersion in the target language. We have over 30 years of expertise in the business, having first launched in 1989. ELC was the first company to develop and run residential courses in Ireland for teenagers using a foreign language.
What happens at ELC?
- Students live in a boarding school for just under 3 weeks.
- Classes take place in the mornings, 6 days a week, and the students cover topics for the Junior Cert / Leaving Cert.
- There is a wide range and choice of activities in the afternoons and evenings. These include sports, arts & crafts, and drama, as well as discos and movie nights.
- Students are expected to communicate in the target language at all times.
Who can attend ELC?
All secondary school students who have completed at least one year of language learning at second level. Students currently in 1st or 2nd year go to the junior courses and students who have completed the Junior Cert go to senior courses along with 4th years, TYs and 5th years.
Where are the courses?
The courses are conducted in carefully selected boarding schools with spacious grounds and a variety of sporting facilities:
- Clongowes Wood College, Clane, Co. Kildare
- Wilson’s Hospital School, Multyfarnham, Co. Westmeath
- St. Flannan’s College, Ennis, Co. Clare
When are the courses?
- French senior course (SF1-20) at St. Flannan’s College, 2nd June – 19th June: €1365
- French junior (JF2-20) and senior (SF2-20) course at Wilson’s Hospital School, 27th June – 13th July: €1365
- French senior course (SF3-20) at Clongowes Wood College, 6th July – 22nd July: €1430
- German junior (JG1-20) and senior (SG1-20) course at Wilson’s Hospital School, 16th July – 1st August: €1365
- Spanish junior (JS1-20) and senior (SS1-20) course at St. Flannan’s College, 22nd June – 9th July: €1365
10 reasons to choose ELC:
- Over 40 hours of tuition during the course – That adds up to about half an academic year.
- The course costs about €80 a day – compare that to grinds which can be €40/€50 for just one hour.
- The anxiety, expense and difficulties involved in going abroad are eliminated.
- A hard to rival 1:6 staff to student ratio; they have constant supervision including mealtimes and in the dorms.
- Courses are so well structured so that nothing is left to chance. Students are occupied at all times – in class or during activities.
- Courses are residential. There is total immersion in the language.
- Original course programmes are devised by a team of the most highly qualified and experienced people in the country.
- Native French, German and Spanish speaking staff provide an essential linguistic and cultural dimension to the courses.
- Excellent Teachers of French, German and Spanish meet the needs of Irish students in the classroom and help to prepare for exams.
- A wide range and choice of activities create a stimulating environment where students both learn and enjoy themselves.
Location Euro Languages College, 50 Lower Salthill, Galway, Ireland, H91 X856