Tips for Organising a Skipathon
Have the students organise a class/school Skipathon by:
- Deciding on a day and time
- Choosing events that will be included, e.g. How long can we skip without stopping? How many times can we skip in one minute?
- Students can time or count skips forwards/backwards/number of people who skip together etc.
- Organise for a parent or teacher to be the judge and award certificates to all participants (students can design these themselves)
- Students can take photos and write up the results for the school newsletter or local paper.
- Make a book of skipping rhymes, check out these websites that list some great skipping songs and singing games.
- Invent your own skipping rhyme and routine.
- Research skipping - where did it start? How long has it been around? Students can write an article for the school newsletter.
If you have more tips on organising a Skipathon, please add them to the comments section below
A Friendly Disclaimer
We hope you find these tips useful.. They are however only tips and we don’t claim to be experts or cover all the angles. We don't accept responsibility for any loss where anyone acts or refrains from action as a result of material on this web page