Please note the Aquarium has implemented many protocols and policy to keep all visitors safe when visiting the Aquarium, see our COVID Safety Policy.
We are located on the seafront in Salthill, within easy access to parking, food service providers and habitats to explore.
The Aquarium offers indoor and outdoor opportunities for students please contact us today and explore your options.
• Leaving Certificate Seashore Ecology study, covering the ecology element of the Biology syllabus. • Junior Certificate Seashore Ecology studies covering the Coursework B Investigation of the Science Curriculum.
• Tour of the aquarium with no extras (maximum 45 students)
• Tour of the aquarium with the option of adding on a 30 minute workshop option of the following (Maximum 30 students):
• Animal Anatomy Classroom Based
• Marine Litter Classroom Based
• Marine Litter Beach Based
Each add-on includes an option of online prep or Q&A with class through zoom before or after the visit.
For groups larger than 45 students, a self-guided option is available where guides will be situated at certain stations within the aquarium to answer any questions students may have.
• Tour of the aquarium with the option of adding on a 30 minute workshop option of the following (maximum 30 students):
#1 Animal Anatomy
#2 Marine Litter Workshop, based on materials and Environmental awareness and care -Classroom Based #3 Marine Litter Workshop, based on materials and Environmental awareness and care - Beach Based #4 Seashore Safari
#5 Maths on the Shore
Each add-on includes an option of online prep or Q&A with class through zoom before or after the visit
• Tour of the aquarium with no extras (Maximum 45 students)
Virtual School Tours:
Did you know we have a new ‘Virtual Aquarium Tour’ available for schools?
Through 6 engaging episodes we investigate a range of themes from Freshwater Habitats to Ocean Connections and Care. Each episode has a quiz to test the learners knowledge at the end. Free accompanying worksheets are available covering a range of cross curricular links, helping students build on what they have learned. These are available in English and As Geailge.
For just €40 your class can have access to all 6 episodes for one month plus an online Q&A session with one of our Education Team.
The tour is ideally suited or children between 6- 14 years. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to rent the serious for your class today or click on the link below.
All our staff are highly experienced in the delivery of education workshops and fieldwork, Garda vetted and trained in child protection policy & practice. All staff has completed COVID 19 Safety Workshops.