Climate Action Workshops for Schools
Are you looking to have your students engage and learn about Climate Action, Biodiversity, Waste, Water Conservation or Global Citizenship? Global Action Plan will deliver engaging one-hour workshops with your students.
The workshops are interactive and participatory and will address the themes of what makes an active global citizen in this time of climate challenges. The workshops will raise awareness and increase knowledge on these issues in an age-appropriate, fun, hands-on way.
Your learners will be empowered with the knowledge and skills that will help them take action personally, within their schools, at home and in their wider communities. During the workshop, students will discuss practical, relevant examples of how students can take positive action towards making our world a better place.
Contact us via our website contact page: https://globalactionplan.ie/contact/ or at firstname.lastname@example.org
Stay tuned in early 2021 for our new online Climate Action programme
Action on Global Citizenship for Secondary Schools
The ‘Action on Global Citizenship’ programme empowers students in primary and secondary education settings in Ireland to take actions for a better world as active global citizens. Using the framework of Global Citizenship Education (GCE) and transformational learning through the lens of the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals and Climate Action, this programme supports the acquisition of knowledge (head), values & attitudes (hearts) and skills for action (hand) so participants can take appropriate actions to transform the world around them for the better.
A key aspect of the programme's transformative learning pedagogy is to create space for learner led actions in a supportive environment. To achieve this, the programme works to build the capacity of teachers to facilitate the learner led approach to this programme within their classrooms and integrate it into the existing curriculum. Action on Global Citizenship is available for schools in English and Irish.
In 2020 and 2021 we will be offering:
- FREE Webinar Workshops for Teachers
- Workshops for Schools in Global Citizenship and Climate Action
- Creating online resources for your class to support
Contact us at email@example.com
for more information or go to our Action on Global Citizenship page of our website
Covid Proofing our Delivery
Following HSE guidelines and supporting the approaches each and every school takes we offer deliveries of our programmes in the following ways:
All levels of the Government plan for living with Covid:
While the country is at Level 4 and below, we provide the following approach:
- Online through Zoom
- We have transformed our programmes for this medium to ensure that the interactive and participatory approach
- Outdoors - we can come to your school and using your outdoor space, deliver the workshop while using your outdoor space in a creative and engaging way
- In Class delivery - Following all social distancing and hygiene protocols, we can come to your class and deliver a participatory workshop with your students. Our facilitators will have the necessary PPE, will maintain social distance at all times and use voice amplification to ensure that the use of PPE will not impact the quality of delivery.