How to get best value for money on school uniforms
The summer has barely begun and we’re already talking about back to school? Well, before you know it September will arrive and kids will be trading their shorts and summer dreams for crispy white shirts and polyester jumpers. But don’t despair, we’ve got the best guide on how to save money on school uniforms in Dublin and all around Ireland.
Like with our 'saving money guide on school books', the best way to save cash on uniforms is to buy second hand or trade between siblings or friends. Plus, Schooldays.ie has it’s own dedicated second hand school uniform facility for you to check out and advertise any second-hand uniforms you are finished with..
Schooldays.ie also has a list of uniform suppliers in Ireland with information and details on great individual store deals. Check these out regularly for the latest summer deals.
Here’s our top 5 ways to save money on school uniforms this year.
- Don’t buy too much. Buy what you need, when you need it. Kids will grow out of shirts and pants fast. Dont waste money stocking up.
- Wait for the sales. Most stores begin their back-to-school sales in late summer, But check and see when your local or online store is having theirs.
- Buy school uniforms direct online. Most uniforms come with generic sizing. It’s a bit of risk if things don’t fit properly, but online school uniform stores often have amazing deals.
- Buy generic. Lots of primary schools have generic type school uniforms for boys and girls so shop around for best deals. For those that require a embroidered blazer or specific school shoes, bags or school coats, try second hand forums too. If they don’t have any requirements on extras like shirts and pants, buy the cheaper brand.
- Exchange. Exchange. Exchange. The best way to save cash is to not spend it. So get on the forums and see what you can sell or trade.