Schooldays.ie was established in 2006 and provides a broad range of information to parents and teachers nationwide through the pre-school, primary and secondary years.
We are delighted to now be able to extend the supports we offer to teachers and parents through the provision of online e-learning courses. Our first two courses which come online this summer are for primary school teachers who are looking for relevant and dynamic courses to support their CPD learning during Summer 2019. Both courses are approved for EPV days and can be viewed HERE
Our Course Developers
Petrina O’Donnell has a background in Teaching and IT. With many years teaching in the mainstream, SEN and as teaching principal, Petrina has identified keyskills that would benefit teachers in understanding important relationships surrounding the school community and dialogue, the development of communication techniques for challenging situations, and the use of self-protective wellbeing strategies when dealing with stress.
Petrina has developed her expertise as tutor and course designer through:
- Masters in IT in Education -Mary Immaculate College (MIC)
- Certificate in Coaching & Mentoring Skills (IITD)
- Fellow membership of IITD
- PDST tutor
- Tutor/lecturer at MIC, Hibernia College and through Limerick Education Centre
- Delivery of many teacher courses on IT in the school through the Limerick Education Centre
View our 2019 Summer Courses
Brian Mc Carthy
Brian McCarthy has 28 years teaching experience in primary education (including five years as teaching principal and has been working as a S.E.N. teacher for the past 12 years. He has been an associate facilitator with the PDST since 2007.
As well as having a special interest in helping children with movement difficulties he has vast experience and knowledge in physical education including:
- undertook ‘Training of Trainers-P.E’ course in 2007 through the PDST
- associate facilitator with PDST (P.E.) since 2007 facilitating summer courses and C.P.D. workshops during the school year
- facilitated the ‘Move well, Move Often’ physical literacy summer course
- guest lecturer Mary Immaculate College of Education in the area of physical literacy
- designed the Equilibrium Movement Programme which has been implemented in his school on a daily basis for the past 4 years
- designed and facilitated a night course on sensorimotor development and physical literacy which was delivered through the Limerick Education Centre
- designed and facilitated a presentation for parents of primary school children focusing on the academic benefits of sensorimotor development and how this can be integrated with physical literacy
- Diploma in Sports Injury Therapy
- Diploma in Applied Kinesiology