The most fun your class will have this year – school tours & TY programmes
We have been running school tours in the Grand Canal Dock for nearly 30 years and we still love sharing the sports we are passionate about with each new generation of students .
We know how important it is to have fun when learning a new sport and that’s what we focus on during our school tour sessions, whether you book a once-off session for your class in primary school or a
TY programme for older students.
Our qualified instructors will make sure that the students are having a great time in a fun and safe environment while they are with us.
You can choose between a half-day or full-day programme depending on your group size and requirements.
The minimum age for our school tours is 8. Participants have to be able to swim.
Which activities are being offered?
Once off school tours are paddleboarding and kayaking sessions. We run the session on both single and double kayaks, individual paddleboards and our big Monster SUPs that can carry a group of kids for some fun racing and group activities.
If you book a TY programme that runs over several weeks we will also include windsurfing and sailing.
What does a typical day look like?
HALF DAY PROGRAMME:
At 9.30am, arrive on site to meet your instructors, get checked-in and changed. The group will be divided into groups and each group will start their activity with a land-drill and then go on the water. Depending on the size of your group you will have one or two changeovers so that all students get to try all activities before the group comes back at approx. 12pm. Plan to be with us until 12.30pm to allow the students to get changed.
FULL DAY PROGRAMME:
At 9.30 am, arrive on site to meet your instructors, get checked-in and changed. The group will be divided into groups and each group will start their activity with a land-drill and then go on the water. Depending on the size of your group you will have a number of changeovers so that all students get to try all activities before the group comes back at approximately 11.30am for their lunch break. It’s then back on the water at 12pm for another 2 hours of fun. The group will come off the water around 2pm. Plan to be with us until 2.30pm to allow the students to get changed.
Note: Start time can be different to suit your schedule.
What does it cost?
Half Day Programme
Minimum group size 16 students.
- 16-24 students: €27.50 per person
- 25-32 students: €25 per person
Full Day Programme
Minimum group size 24 students.
- 24-32 students: €40 per person. If you have a group of more than 32 participants, we can split your group across multiple sessions. Teachers are welcome to join the activities on the water, one teacher goes free per session.
Discounts are available if you book a TY programme over several weeks.
What equipment do I need?
We provide all equipment for the activities including helmets and buoyancy aid and a wetsuit if needed.
Participants need to bring:
- Participants need a full-length wetsuit. If a student doesn't have their own, a wetsuit can be provided free of charge. Our rental wetsuits are 5/3 winter wetsuit thickness and your child will keep it for the duration of the camp.
- Note: Shorties are not allowed.
- Appropriate footwear. We recommend an old pair of runners, neoprene booties or water shoes.
- Note: Loose footwear like flip flops or Crocs are not allowed.
- Swimwear for under the wetsuit.
- Big Towel or changing robe to get changed outside. Please treat a trip to us like a trip to the beach.
- Sunscreen, Rain Jacket, something warm to wear after the camp, snack & drink – we like to be prepared for any weather.
Rash Vest. (optional)
How can I book?
Please email your enquiry to firstname.lastname@example.org
. You are welcome to includes your preferred dates and information like your group size, age range of the students and whether you are looking for a half or full day school tour.