Course Ref: SD0520
The Art of Clay Construction
Teaching with Confidence
Would you like to teach the Clay Construction Curriculum with confidence? Would you like to learn and practice the key elements, skills and techniques of clay construction with professional support? Do you need help with choosing projects and developing lesson plans for different age groups that can be delivered to a high standard?.
This course, developed by Artzone, is for any teacher of primary school children who wants to take their clay construction lessons to the next level. We will help you understand the aims and directions provided within the visual arts curriculum. We will demonstrate the core skills and techniques of Clay Construction and guide you through how to teach them. The course is full of practical tips and ideas to ensure you maximise your clay experience. You will learn to use and adapt sample lesson plans, incorporating your students imaginative design, to deliver great learning and results consistently across all age groups.
On completion of the course you will :
- have gained confidence in the key elements, skills and methods for teaching and creating clay constructions.
- have an understanding of how clay construction projects can implemented incrementally on a whole school basis.
- have the confidence to break clay construction projects into key elements, skills and stages.
- have gained the confidence to take on a high quality of clay construction project with their students.
- have the ability to take on a wider range of clay construction projects with confidence.
- be able to choose and plan projects relevant to each class (group) stage of the Visual Arts Curriculum.
- understand the links between visual arts education and STEM.
- appreciate the contribution the language of art can make to overall student vocabulary and literacy
- understand the well being benefits of learning and practicing art.
- develop a whole school clay construction programme within the context of the School Self Evaluation process.
1.1 The Visual Arts Curriculum
1.2 The benefits of Art Education
1.3 Planning and teaching Clay Construction
1.4 Tips and tools for teaching Clay
1.5 Clay Construction - key skills and methodologies
1.6 Teaching the Art Elements with Clay Construction
1.7 Starting, developing and finishing Clay Projects
2.1 Junior & Senior Infants Curriculum
2.2 Sample Projects for Junior & Senior Infants
3.1 1st & 2nd Class Curriculum
3.2 Sample Projects for 1st & 2nd Class students
4.1 3rd & 4th Class Curriculum
4.2 Sample Projects for 3rd & 4th class students
4.3 Introduction to Papier Mache construction.
4.4 School Self Evaluation and Visual Arts
5.1 5th & 6th Class Curriculum
5.2 Sample Projects for 5th & 6th Class students
5.3 Teaching balance and proportion through Portraiture
This course has been approved by the Department of Education & Skills as part of the 2020 Courses programme and will be available to access from 1st July to 21st August 2020
On completion of the course you will receive a CPD Certificate and will qualify for 3 EPV Days. Register your interest on the course if you would like to be advised when the course becomes available for registration.
Our Support team are on hand to answer all your queries, either by phone or e-mail.
Check your Course Homepage
Click here for a list of Frequently Asked Questions