The Cool Food School
The Cool Food School are the home of healthy eating for kids and have been bringing their innovative, interactive food education workshops to schools and preschools since 2018.
Led by Deirdre Doyle, a qualified Health Coach and mum of 3 herself, the workshops aim to put healthy food in front of children in a fun environment, instilling a curiosity and excitement in children about food, leading to better eating habits for them in the long run.
Children get to cut and peel vegetables and fruit using unique kiddies food kutters and safety food peelers, which are safe for kids from age 2+. We also stock lots of cool food stuff for your cool kids in our shop.
What’s on offer for schools
1. Interactive online cooking workshops
Suitable for children of all class groups. Simple, easy, healthy recipes that can be made in the class without the need for an oven or cooker.
Rental of the kiddies food kutters and safety food peelers available. School to provide food and other equipment.
2. Interactive online food education workshops
Suitable for children of all class groups as follows :
- terrific tomatoes (up to 2nd class approx.)
- eating the rainbow (up to 2nd class approx.)
- food bingo (up to 2nd class approx.)
- lovely lettuce (up to 2nd class approx.)
- food listening (all age groups)
- sensory food education workshops (all age groups)
Rental of some equipment available.
3. In-person workshops
As above but Deirdre would travel to your school
to deliver the workshops in person. (travel restrictions apply).
4. Online Food education teacher training
Suitable for teachers of all age groups. Teachers receive 2 hours of training in the international Sapere method of sensory food education as taught in the UK, France, Sweden and more. This method translates into fun classroom activities that can be incorporated into the current curriculum easily and effectively, making food education accessible for all. Contact us for more information
For PA Groups
Unique fundraising tool
Parents can raise much needed funds for their schools with our Kiddies Food Kutter and Safety Food Peeler fundraising drive. You get the orders from the parents, we supply the goods at a discounted price and your school keeps the profits! For more info check here
1. Interactive online cooking classes
- Suitable for children from age 8 - 11 approx.
- Small classes teaching healthy cooking to kids with recipes such as tasty chicken nuggets, sweet potato nachos, chocolate banana bites and more!
- Contact us for for more information
2. Fun interactive birthday parties. We offer two different styles of birthday party:
- Fun food education party suitable for age 3-6. We bring one of our interactive food education workshops to your home and entertain the children for an hour chopping and peeling and making and doing and laughing and eating
- Non-cook cooking party suitable for kids age 6-10. Kids will get to prepare some non-cook party food for 90 minutes! We will have some sensory food fun and make food like bliss balls, fruit and veggie platter, smoothies and more.
- Check here for more information
I watched Deirdre from The Cool Food School at Bloom over the last few days and I think she’s one of the best educators of healthy eating for kids I’ve ever seen.
Zack - wwww.irishfoodguide.ie and one of the top 10 Chef influencers online in the global food service industry as decided by Verdict/Global Data June 2019
My girls aged 7 and 9 loved Deirdre’s online cookery classes. The absolute joy they got from producing dinner from scratch was amazing. It has increased their independence and confidence in the kitchen. - Sarah May 2020
Network Ireland Businesswoman of the Year Finalist 2019, 2020
Family Friendly Ireland Awards Finalist 2019
Ambassador at Food on the Edge 2019