Schooldays.ie - Ireland's Online Resource for Parents & Teachers

Parenting & Education

× Home Parents Associations About Us

2nd Class homework

re... : 2nd Class homework           reply
09/10/2010 10:08 - Homework
-----------------------------------
Hi,

I took all your advice and spoke to the teacher. The teacher was very helpful and was quiet surprise that my son was taking so long. As you said,she said to only do 30min and keep a record. She also asked the rest of the class to time their homework to check on everybody. Since the meeting and only doing 30 min it is a 100% better, my son is more relaxed.
Only yesterday i read an article in the irish indo on the topic of homework and found that there is a debate going on about whether homework is of benefit or not.Anyboby interested in the homework issue should read it.

re... : 2nd Class homework           reply
16/09/2010 13:22 - Homework
Hi,

You could look at an article on How Much Time which goes through the recommended times for homework.

re : 2nd Class homework           reply
17/09/2010 18:42 - Homework
Thanks for your help!

15/09/2010 18:47 - Homework
Hi there - it is supposed to be 30 minutes. I would talk to the teacher if it is taking longer. We have had the same probem with our son - we worked out it was mainly a confidence issue - if the teacher tells him he´s great at maths/reading etc and you do too, you may find that he´ll fly at it!

08/10/2010 19:22 - Homework
Hi there,
You´re best bet is to speak to the teacher. Maybe she could prioritise the most important topics so if he does get tired at least he has the most important topics done.
Just an idea,
N.B

2nd Class homework           reply
14/09/2010 20:49 - Homework (Locality: Kildare)
I know this question has been asked many times before, But how long should the homework take?? I know that they school says 20-30min but it takes my son nearly an hour. By which time my son is complaining that his head hurts and he cant think. I have tried my best in making it fun and interesting, but i think the teacher is giving to much.. but is she or is it just my son is slow??

discussion forum terms & conditions

;