Parenting & Education in Ireland

Schooldays.ie - Ireland's Online Resource for Parents & Teachers

Parenting & Education

× Home Parents Associations About Us

A fair deal for a Nanny?

re : A fair deal for a Nanny?           reply
27/05/2014 15:11 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
-----------------------------------
Hi my name is Annmarie and live in Mountmellick co Laois I am a childminder of 2 siblings and don´t get near the amount your willing to pay, I think what your offering to pay is quiet fare ,and I start at 6.30 to 5.30 min-fri and do 2 school runs , I am looking to change jobs for a later start if your interested give me a call 0863010760 or pm me

27/05/2014 11:43 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
I think that is most certainly a good deal! If I was in the laois area I would definitely apply for this position! I work as a nanny for 9 and a half hours a day for 50 euro a day. Collections, cooking all meals from scratch, doing the washing and keeping the house tidy. Along with homework etc. The days are very long and I am not very appreciated. Everything must be done perfect. And activities to be done with the children each day. I don´t get paid for bank holidays and I certainly don´t get holiday pay! I would be laughed at if I asked for that. I understand that some childminders ask for ridiculous prices for childcare. Iv saw some people saying 15-20 euro per hour. These people are not living in the real world and even though I am a childminder myself I wudnt expect that much off anyone! In a creche you get paid around 10 euro per hour and you do a lot more work in a creche than in a home. Childminders have to take that into consideration. However, I am being paid a little over a fiver an hour which is rather degrading for the amount of house work and driving that I do. I am considering leaving soon. I think your wage is very fair and its nice to see a parent actually appreciating a childminder and treating them equally and not looking down on them.

27/06/2014 13:22 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
its a little low for a qualified nanny but your not in dublin, so maybe rates a lower where you are.

A fair deal for a Nanny?           reply
27/05/2014 10:12 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay (Locality: Laois)
If you’re a Nanny, do you feel this is a fair wage;
Take home pay €95.52 per day x 4 days = €382.07
Duties:
Nanny in Child’s home, Mon – Thursday , 8am- 6pm (although will most likely be 8.15am – 5.30pm)
Minding one baby and two children
During school term, one school run to collect the children from primary school at 2.30pm and return home. School run is approx. 16 miles round trip. (So fuel cost is approx. €3 / day.)
Prepare Children’s meals, help with homework and light housework (i.e. enough not have the house look like a bomb hit it when I come home from work!)
Note: I will pay all taxes, 4 weeks paid holidays plus 9 paid bank holidays per year. I live in Co. Laois.

Would appreciate your feedback before I post the job. Thank You.

re... : A fair deal for a Nanny?           reply
16/07/2014 17:15 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
That sounds like a very fair deal. Especially with the extra for fuel. I am currently working as a nanny in Dublin and that´s around the same as I get each month.
I´m finishing up with my family in September. They are all in school full time now, and so they won´t really need a child minder anymore. I don´t know who´s more upset, me, the kids or the parents! I will be so sorry to leave. I have been with them for three years and they are my second family.
Of course I would apply for this position with you, but I live in Dublin :/ might be a little too far.

27/05/2014 23:45 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
thats really good fair play to ya.

23/06/2014 09:46 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
Hi
I saw your reply to the job being posted in Laois. I have a similarish vacancy in north county dublin if you would be interested. If so, please pm me.
Thanks!

27/06/2014 14:11 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
its not bad at all really.but the fuel depends on what size car the minder has.a 1 litre car is around 3 euro anything over 1.4 would be 4 euro.

15/07/2014 18:41 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
Hi Ladies,
Thank you for the feedback, it´s really appreciated. I´ve decided on offering approx €2100 per month (Mon-Thurs Weekly and 2 Fridays a month). Will have to agree extra payments for fuel based on the car engine etc.
I´m praying for the right person now! @Aine, I can´t believe parents would treat you like that, what kind of example are they setting their children, I´d worship the ground you´d walk on if you did all that for me and my family!
Job posted on the Laois forum.
Thanks Again

discussion forum terms & conditions

;