Parenting & Education in Ireland

Schooldays.ie - Ireland's Online Resource for Parents & Teachers

Parenting & Education

× Home Parents Associations About Us

Advice needed

re : Advice needed           reply
25/09/2014 21:31 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
-----------------------------------
situations like that can be very stressfull.it will also cause you to dread the arrival of the kids each morning.offer the mother a cup of tea or coffee and say you need to discuss a few things.you should tell her that anything the kids break will have to be paid for.also turning up half an hour early and the same at collection time needs to be sorted.you should tell her that you may have to charge for that extra time.this woman needs to listen to you and not ignore or laugh things of.

re... : Advice needed           reply
26/09/2014 07:54 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
i dont blame you things like that can be awful and can get out of hand.how much notice are you planning on giving.dont forget to ask for a reference.

01/10/2014 09:52 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
Hi well to cut a long story short I didn´t give have to give notice I ended up asking her to leave my home after an argument where she totally insulted me saying I sat around all day watching her kids play and her husband said they had plenty of people waiting to mind their kids. I have now been offered a job minding a baby so it´s all worked out well. Thanks everyone.

26/09/2014 11:50 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
Hi I plan on giving 2 weeks notice this evening but don´t expect them to want me to work it as I would say they are going to be annoyed and just leave. They are a professional couple and they think I need the money so can get away with taking advantage, but iam prepared to stand my ground. Will let you all know how itgoes

02/10/2014 08:03 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
glad you got sorted you dont need that sort of stress.

25/09/2014 22:22 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
Hi tnks for advice. Things escalated a bit today and I have decided to give my notice. I am completely drained with the whole situation. I have never in 10 years minded children for people like this. Thanks again

Advice needed           reply
25/09/2014 11:12 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay (Locality: Wexford)
Hi looking for advice. I mind 2 very difficult children 1at home and 1 in school.have tried to discuss problems that arise during the day like behaviour breaking things issues like 2 year old not communicating in anyway things like that but mother jus laughs it off and ignores me. She has -also started arriving about half hour earlier in the morning and coming home later in evening blaming traffic but I know she has been at home. I´m not very good at confronting people and would like advice on how to deal with her can anyone help

30/09/2014 18:47 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
well how did things go for you?? did you give your notice??

01/10/2014 18:58 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
omg the bloody cheek of her ,hope you told her to shut the door on the way out

02/10/2014 08:50 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
Sian, had same situation myself before over a vest would you believe, I ask mum next morning for a solution as no vest arrived n she flipped...after asking me do you want me to find another minder....door is there....no way do anyone have to put up with rubbish if your offering a great service...well done on new job...

26/09/2014 11:42 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
Hi, if your giving notice then my comments wont help...but iv found iv had to completely declutter the rooms children r using...I did have a situation prev where I feared my washing machine would be broken during collection time n really had to stress it would need to be paid for if it happened. Mum thinking it cute kid banging the life out of the door repeatly.
as for regular early collection, dont open door till exact time, say your 30mins early, having a shower, on the phone etc didnt hear you...however if I get to knoe parent I genuinely dont mind thrm dropping 5 or 10 mins early if needed unannounced, the majority of parents are so nice they wont take advantage anyway.
late collection, id tell parent, I dont mind late collection if you text please...it did happen me where I predicted a new parent going to be late on 3rd evening on a row not texting..pack my kids n child into car, closed gate n waited....quickest handover ever....said this not on as iv plans...never happened again.
start as you mean to go..its a good service I provide and all everyone wants is a peaceful working life, esp when your based in your own home.

discussion forum terms & conditions

;