Schooldays.ie - Ireland's Online Resource for Parents & Teachers

Parenting & Education

× Home Parents Associations About Us

After school activities

re... : After school activities           reply
23/02/2008 12:26 - Afterschool Activities
-----------------------------------
Hi,
Never thought of that. It is such a pity that we have the facilities but getting it very hard to find people interested. I try posting a notice thater and see can we get any interest. The school is near some towns and there are lots going on in the towns but we were hoping to bring something to the area for the kids who have no transporation. All we can do is keep trying.

24/02/2008 12:09 - Afterschool Activities
Hi, Why not type up a few letters outlining what you want and hand deliver them to some of the people teaching classes in the nearby towns. If you have the letters ready then you won´t really be interupting their class and they can take their time thinking about it.

Or check out adverts for different classes, dance etc and then contact those people with your ideas.

Best of luck

22/02/2008 18:42 - Afterschool Activities
try posting on www.educationposts.com.boards maybe?

26/02/2008 11:53 - Afterschool Activities
Hi,
Excellent idea. We had a P.A meeting last night and I brought your suggestion so we are going to give it a try. Different parents have agreed to go to differnt classes in the towns and hand the letters. If we cant get anyone it wont be for the lack of trying. thanks again. :contract:

After school activities           reply
21/02/2008 10:50 - Afterschool Activities
Can anyone tell me how to get interested peolpe for teaching afternoon/evening activites in a school. We have use of a gym with mats etc. but can´t seem to find people interested in doing it. We are open to anything from karate to Hip-Hop, anything. We are in the Curragh area of Co. Kildare

re : After school activities           reply
21/02/2008 17:33 - Afterschool Activities
One idea Elaine would be to contact some of your local Drama or Dance schools and see if they would be interested in providing a teacher for an afterschool class in the school (could probably find a list of some of them in the Afterschool Activities Section on this website).
I know the afterschool drama teacher in our school has her own separate drama school. Also ask parents in other schools for names & contact details of those who teach afterschool classes in their schools as many of the afterschool teachers do a circuit of a number of schools.

Most schools will require an afterschool activities teacher to have their own separate insurance in place but you probably know that already.

discussion forum terms & conditions

;